Search This Blog

Saturday 7 January 2017

Matters of the Heart

Matters of the Heart πŸ’“πŸ’”πŸ’—πŸ’•

I was jogging down the fields. It has been a routine for me for some months I could say path of a new year resolution that I manage to fulfill.

Often times when i go for exercise i might or might not see people 'cause I reside in a countryside. This day was an unusual day, i kept waking up even before my alarm went off. It got to a point i woke up like every 20 minutes. I gave up sleeping so I decided to get ready for my exercise earlier than I used to. I took my headphone and my music device then switched music on but the music kept skipping I tried for some minutes but no joy came out of it so I decided to listen to the Bible instead. As the Bible message played on my device I had time to digest some words more than i have in the past. The ones i don't understand I play it back again and pray as I continued my exercise that the Holy spirit give me more understanding of the word. As I listened I had more revelation. The reading of 1 John 1 just ended and it was moving on to the second chapter.



I saw a man ahead of me sitting on a chair on the field. I was not sure if I should move on but the confidence to move on the same route was so strong i couldn't turn back. As I approached the man who sat with his face in his hands wailing and screaming like a lost child. I could hear him say

"God where are you, i thought they said you existed. How can you watch me go through all this. What have I done to deserve this. I am sure you are fraud not God. If you cared indeed like its widely said why am I in this mess"


At that point i stopped and turned round to speak to him. I don't know what came over me but the urge to go back to this stranger became stronger as I approached him. I greeted him but he didn't take note of me being there, so i decided to tap him slightly on his shoulder. He jumped away from the seat and looked dead long at me with tight fist. If i wasn't a lady he would have hit me because I caught him unaware which frightened him.


What is your problem he said, who are you and why are you here, he was trying so hard to compose himself and keep the tears from running but he couldn't. He fell on the floor weeping. I move closer to him and introduced myself to him. I am Vivienne and I was just jogging by when I heard you crying and saying God doesn't exist. He didn't say a word.

From the way I see you, it seem like you have been let down in fact broken beyond human repair. But your outburst is against the only one that can repair you. Please if you don't mind can I know your name...


He looked at me sniffing as he said Julius. I offered him my hand to get up from the floor, with a bit of hesitation, he grabbed my hand and stood up. His hands were so cold. I said you must have been out here for a while and he nodded. I still had my Bible playing, as it reached 1 John2:22 (talking about denying Christ) I stopped it so I could listen to Julius.

He said....
I have been out here for hours, I have lost everything. I have nothing to live for no wife or children because I am not married. I worked hard to get to where I was. I gave to humanity, I helped people I never met in my life. Just sixteen months ago I lost my job on the basis of what I knew nothing about. Friends that I have helped several times turned their backs against me. People I paid their children's school fees back in my home country became my enemy because i couldn't anymore. I called some of them who i thought would understand but afterwards they gave me attitudes because they thought it was all lies.

I have been good to people, my parents (he sigh). I can't even take care of them like I want to. Good thing they live in this country but quite far away from me. Yesterday I lost my house because I couldn't pay the mortgage. Yet I get texts from people asking me for money. Even in my state I help people secure enployment but I can't get any what is the point of living. I don't party or live a wayward life but I see friends who do opposite and God is blessing them. I have been out here since last night I can't remember how many hours. I just want to end it today waiting for the caretaker of the field to open the pond gate then I can end there.


He just couldn't help the tears rolling down. I felt touched by Julius's story. He showed me his previous work I.D. and various card to back his story. He said he kept it on him so when his body is found they can identify him. I felt bad but I think God woke me up to come and save Julius soul. I sat with him for about two hours telling him about God. I asked if he ever had an encounter with Jesus. Which he said no that he only went to church occasionally. I told him about the love of Christ and that Jesus made me to come out earlier than i do because of him. I told him about the lost sheep in Luke 15:4-7 how out of hundred one got lost and the shepherd went out to search for the lost sheep until he got it back. I don't know how or what happened but Julius became calmer by the end of all my talking and I was able to lead him to Christ. He told me he was homeless and he didn't want to be a burden to his parent.


As God will have it, I had a room in a property i managed i offered Julius to stay there. It took about three months of brokenness and total surrender to God for Julius to work out what God wanted him to do with his life. In 12 months he became a business owner and an employer instead of an employee. Friends who departed were calling him to hook up for a drink. At first he was resentful but I told him to go and read the story of Job. Julius was able to forgive his friends and move on. Julius is doing quite well in his business and He is taking God more serious in his life. He is able to look after his parent and soon he will be settling down to marry the love of his life. Devil wanted him to end his life when his story was about to change as God was about to open a new chapter.


MoralsπŸ’­
As Proverbs 23:5 says when you set your eyes upon that which is not? For riches certainly make themselves wings like an eagle that flies to heaven AMP


Never make riches your security because It can vanish anytime.


God is the only one that bless without adding sorrow.


If someone once helped you and they can't anymore don't judge them because you don't know what they are going through.


Don't base your friendship or relationship with anyone just because of what you can get from them.


At times God prompts us to do things even though it may seem stupid obey God that was what Vivienne did.


Always have a relationship with God.


Share the your thoughts or any circumstances where people had let you down or judged you just because you couldn't meet up with their expectation.

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...