Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 January 2017

In The Middle of No where!

Title: In the middle of nowhere

Text: "And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.  And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed.  And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and took bread, and a bottle of water, and gave it unto Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, and the child, and sent her away: and she departed, and wandered in the wilderness of Beer–sheba.  And the water was spent in the bottle, and she cast the child under one of the shrubs.  And she went, and sat her down over against him a good way off, as it were a bowshot: for she said, Let me not see the death of the child. And she sat over against him, and lift up her voice, and wept.  And God heard the voice of the lad; and the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said unto her, What aileth thee, Hagar? fear not; for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he is.  Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation.  And God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water; and she went, and filled the bottle with water, and gave the lad drink.  And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer." Genesis 21:12‭-‬20 KJV

Our God is mighty to be praised beyond human description and He makes all things beautiful in His time so He alone can be glorified. When we say something/someone is in the middle of nowhere the picture that comes into our memory is someone lost in an unknown town, someone in the desert or someone in a remote or Isolated area.

At times you don't necessarily have to be in those positions to feel like you are in an unknown place. Taking the Bible text for example, Hagar was known to Abraham and Sarah. Her conveiving or having a child for Abraham was an open relationship. As God will have it Sarah had the promise child of laughter and Hagar forgetting she was a replacement started mocking her this led to Hagar and her son Ishmael being sent away from the Abraham household.

Without dwelling too long on the origin of Ishmael, the son of the bond woman on leaving the Abraham household, they were sent away with food that can only keep them alive for couple of days. It got to a stage they found themselves where they needed help but there was no one. The child was crying for water as he was thirsty the mum couldn't provide but she moved away from him so she wouldn't watch her own child die.  Our God is merciful regardless of the origin of Ishmael or the sins of Hagar to Sarah God gave a well in replacement of a bottle of water.

Sometimes in life, our origin is mainly the contributing factor to all the challenges we face, sometimes we are the cause of our problems but God still remains God in it all. In the middle of it all when all hope has worn out His word is life because He said I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy on amd compassion on whom I will have compassion on Ex 33:19.

I am not sure how you feel already about the stage you are in life. Whatever may or is making you feel like you are in the middle of no where and your hope is dashing away by second I want you to call on God and let go everything to Him.

Humble yourself before the throne of mercy irrespective of the cause of your feelings now be assured that God is aware and he will not watch you die of thirst because He is the living water.
He will not watch you die in lack because He is Jehovah Jireh.
He will not watch you die in sickness because He is Jehovah Rapha.
He will not watch your foot to be moved because He owns the earth and the fullness thereof.
He will not watch you become an object of mockery because He has already put your enemies under your feet and made a public show of them.
He will not watch you bury your children or your parents bury you because He said you will live to see your children's children and in your old age is when you will return to Him therefore you have covenant of life.
I want to reassure you that the plans of God for you are great even in the middle of no where, even when it's like you can't come out victorious you will in Jesus name

Let us Pray

Heavenly father thank you for the grace to wait on you this day in Jesus name

Lord I thank you for the forgiveness of sin and delivering me from unbelief in Jesus name

Lord I thank you because your timing for my breakthrough is here hallelujah to your Holy name

Lord I thank you because as I have decided to walk with you I will not experience shame in Jesus name

Lord I thank you because you are puting an end to loneliness in my life henceforth in Jesus name

Lord I thank you because you are opening my eyes to spiritual opportunities that will enhance progress in my physical life in Jesus name

Lord I thank you because my home shall experience your abundance, peace, love and favour henceforth in Jesus name

Lord I thank you because I will not bury my child(ren) and my parents will not bury me in Jesus name

Lord I thank you because every heart aches in my life in any aspects you are giving me victory over them in Jesus name

Thank you Jesus for answered prayers in Jesus name.

Congratulations!!!!!

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...