Search This Blog

Saturday 28 January 2017

Matters of the Heart

Matters of the Heart 💞❤💔 28/1/2017

All night I was unable to have a straight conversation with Ropo. As we were about to go to bed, He appeared lost and totally forgot to lead our night prayer. I summoned courage and I led the prayer he was co-operative. It gave me a sense of relief but I still had my thoughts so heavy as a mountain weighing me down.

The next day was a friday, Ropo left rather late for work. He appeared calmer than the previous night. I prepared his breakfast but I didn't eat because I decided to go to God in prayer and fasting. Ropo was very concerned that I didn't eat, I didn't want to tell him I was fasting because He would ask when that started because we often fast together and he will want to know the reason for the fasting and prayer. I didn't want to lie either. As he left for work he planted a lovely kiss on my lips that sent shivers down my spine, I am rather confused, was this not the man that hardly spoke to me last night. Even as I initiated different conversations he just answered like he wasn't bothered.

(my thought was running wild)
Should I just break the fast at least with what happened this morning, it's a sign that Ropo isn't aware of the whole situation.
Hmm! This is quite selfish, what about my pregnancy, I need to do something fast, it's fast approaching six weeks. No I won't allow the enemy to still my joy by causing confusion for me.

As I waited on God in prayers Using Psalms 51 to seek the mercy and forgiveness of God. I poured my heart out in prayer and I lifted Ropo's heart into God's hands. Ropo called later in the day that he had to go on emergecy trip from work and He wouldn't be back home until late Saturday evening. At first I thought probably he was doing further investigation on what he heard, I was nearly panicking but I rested on the word of God. Throughout that night I prayed like I haven't done before seeking God's face.

The next day as I was doing my normal house chores, a bottle fell from the shelve shattering right on my right foot leaving a deep cut. I managed to take the broken piece out of my foot as it was not so deep and stopped the bleeding. I felt the presence of a divine being in the room.

(look at your foot the cut will leave a scar there that you will see for the rest of your life. Every child given to a woman born or unborn(due to human choice) have a purpose to fulfill. Just like that cut they cut through to the earth through their mother leaving a lasting memory on the mother in order to impact the world. I have plans for every child and every pregnancy. I have heard your cry and forgiven you. Your days of trouble and unfruitfulness are over it's your time of harvest. Draw near and closer to me than you have ever being).

I dropped on the floor leaving the blood on my foot and I just worshipped God, how merciful is my creator, I did wrong but He didn't cut me off, Abba father you are wonderful. I later got up and dress the wound. I spent the rest of the day making food for Ropo and silently rehearsing how I will open up my past to him. I had a strong conviction in me that God is in control.

Ropo came back close to midnight, I waited for so long and couldn't remember when I slept off. I woke up in the night to go to the toilet, behold Ropo was by myside in bed. He jumped up immediately asking if I was ok pointing at my foot.

I explained what happened to him, He couldn't help it seeing me tip-toeing. On the foot so he decided to carry me to the toilet and waited for me till I finish and carried me back to bed. I became more restless in my thought turning from one side to the other.

Ropo asked me what the problem was because he noticed I couldn't sleep. I said I would tell him in the morning. He insisted I told him there and then. I didn't know how I started but after so much hesitation, I told him. His countenance didn't change much instead he sighed heavily and said he had something in mind to tell me.

This was what he said;
I fell into the wrong crowd whilst in school. Being a preacher's son the pressure was more on me. I made a mistake and slept with a course mate. She left to study in another country after that semester. Two weeks ago I bumped into her at the mall. She had a little girl with her, I couldn't recognise her(my course mate) but she recognised me. After brief chatting we exchanged numbers and she wouldn't stop calling me. Then she told me the girl I saw with her was my child. I didn't believe it, she started threatening me. She was going to tell one of our clients to withdraw his contract from my company. She threatened to come to my house, she said she have your number and was going to call you to inform you about her and the child. She knows my parents as well and she threatened to inform them. That was the day I was calling you non stop from work but you didn't pick up. I got home you didn't look happy so I decided to throw tantrums and see if you would tell me if she called but you didn't. I am sorry darling.... I insisted on a DNA test..... And the result will be out soon... I am praying for mercy my past is catching up on my future.

I couldn't say a word afterwards. So we were both guilty and hiding away from each other. But the word of God says they were both naked(Genesis 3:7) but we were partially naked. Secrecy was the foundation of our marriage. If God can forgive me I must forgive my husband so together we sought the face of God and asked for the truth to be revealed about the child's father.

It's been three weeks since the test, throughout those weeks I caught Ropo twice in deep thoughts. I respected his emotions and reactions so I just asked for God's will. The result of the DNA came through and Ropo......... Was not the father of the child.

Two days later I became very ill and ended up in the hospital. After the treatment I was advised by the doctor to stay home and rest because I was stressing myself too much and it could affect the pregnancy. Ropo looked at my face, when the doctor left with so much smile on his face, he asked me "did you hear the doctor." I said yes, I knew all this while but due to our past experience(s) I didn't want to jinx it that was why I kept quiet about it.

This one is un-jinx-able (he said with assurance) because it is the Lord's doing and it is already marvellous in our sight.

I was discharged from the hospital. Couple of months later, I put to bed set of Triplet. Our God is awesome indeed old things have passed away and behold all things have become new. If I knew that God would wipe my tears away with so much joy I wouldn't have kept the unnecessary secret, nothing is hidden from God because He knows the end from the beginning.

I and Ropo are adjusting into the life of the parents of Triplet. Hallelujah!

Ponder on the questions;

Do you think Ropo did what was right in finding out the child's paternity before informing his wife?

Do you think the wife did well by seeking God's face in prayer before informing the husband?

If you were in the position to advise a couple in a similar situation what will your approach and advise be?

Do you think assumption nearly ruined this happy home?

Check your life for any secrecy and repent also erase assumptions because it damamges relationships.

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...