Search This Blog

Friday 8 March 2019

Dependent on Him

*Be Inspired Faith Clinic Friday 8th March 2019*


*Topic:* Dependent on Him


*Text:*


Jeremiah 17:14 —


“O Lord, if you heal me, I will be truly healed; if you save me, I will be truly saved. My praises are for you alone!”


Proverbs 4:20–22 —


“My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.”



Praise be to God for the privilege to share His word again and I pray He will enlighten us through the Holy Spirit in Jesus name.


Being a dependant is solely looking up to someone to facilitate certain things to happen in your life. For example a child is dependent on their parents, I know there are cases when some children have to grow up quick because the one they ought to depend on is no where to be found.


But in reality when you depend on someone you ask them what to do and how to do it. You do not keep anything hidden from such person. They are aware of every step you take and how you take it.



Looking at the scriptures shared Proverbs talks about paying attention to the word of God and doing what it says by keeping it in our heart. Whatever stays in your heart breathes on your character, your thought and how you view things.


The portion in Jeremiah that was shared is a confession of a dependant, lord if you heal me I will be truly healed. That shows that the confessor knows that God is the great physician.


Healing in most cases scenario surpass the physical healing some healing are internal some are spiritual. Some are emotional, some are generational.


But how is it possible to get that perfect healing as the confessor in Jeremiah said, it is by depending on God even when you go through treatment depend on the one who created the one giving the treatment. 


I heard someone once said when you feel headache and you take some pain killer it is not the pain killer that worked it is your belief in the fact that what you are taking is made for that purpose.


So healing in most cases is by faith in the healer. But as believer we serve the greatest Healer. 


He is our father and redeemer and depending on Him in the process of getting our healing and restoration is paramount.


I don't know how long you have been in that situation and you are trusting God please don't give up. He will finish what He started and complete what he began because He is God so please depend solely on Him. Yes even as you take treatment or whichever applies to you believe and depend on the one who heals and never needs healing because He is never sick.


*Let us pray* 


Mighty God we thank you and honour you for you word 


Thank you for your mercy on us daily


Lord thank you because my healing is perfect


Lord thank you because I will never grow weary of depending on you


Lord thank you because all things work together for my good in Jesus name


*Personal prayer*


Thank you lord for answered prayers in Jesus name


*Be Inspired by His Word 2019©*

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...