Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 January 2021

Not Emotion but God Motion

Topic; Not Emotion but God Motion

Text: John 6:63
What gives life is God's Spirit; human power is of no use at all. The words I have spoken to you bring God's life-giving Spirit.
John 6:63 GNB

It is the Spirit Who gives life [He is the Life-giver]; the flesh conveys no benefit whatever [there is no profit in it]. The words (truths) that I have been speaking to you are spirit and life.
John 6:63 AMPC


Glory be to the Most High King for privilege to share His word today He deserves all the praise. 

Father I pray that you speak through me, to me and to all that will read this. I pray that your word will give clarify, understanding,conviction and comfort where needed and your name alone will be praised in Jesus name amen.

Emotion is a distinctive and intuitive feelings derived from mood, circumstances or knowledge.

Often times we all have different types of emotions and we might be able to control them at times but sometimes when it's beyond our control we give in to our emotions easily.

Say for example someone who lost a family member, they easily give into the grief because the circumstances is beyond their natural control. At times they might be able to show it, some mask it with different task or whatever but inside they carry the burden and when anything triggers that there comes an outpour of the bottled up emotions.

The Text for reference today says it is the spirit who gives life the flesh conveys nothing.. the other version shared says what gives life is God's spirit, human power is of no use and it further buttress that the word (which is the word of God) spoken is a life giving spirit.

The later part of the topic says God Motion, God motion is not and cannot be overpowered by emotion because it is driven by the life giving spirit which is the word of God.

Do you know it is not possible to totally be like God as He wants us to be if you are still giving in easily to emotions?

I get, it there are circumstances and situations that you just can't easily shake off and as the example given early such as grief or laughter, e t.c. This emotions are mainly driven by mood and circumstances.

There is nothing bad in it, but it's very important not to get suck up inside it that we so much allow it to control us and we become slave to it because that is the agenda the enemy of our soul always want to rejoice in.

Have you ever tried something, waking up in the morning and be determined that today I will be happy no matter what, I will rejoice, you will see that even when situations that challenge you so bad comes because your inner man is determined you begin to kick against the contradictory situation and often times if you are filled with the Holy spirit, you find it easy to ask Him to take the wheel and take control there and then.

You will notice that in such situation you are not controlled by what you see or hear, you are filled with something different in fact you begin to wonder how come my utterance is different, how was I able to handle the situation.

Guess what! that was because you yielded to God's motion and not your emotions. Does this mean you numb your emotions, no it basically means you never allow your emotions to take so much control of you that you lose control and begin to act or react contrary to the will of God.


Remember in the scriptures when David's first child with Bathsheba died after so much prayer to God, the Bible recorded that he wiped his tears...

Then Nathan went home. The LORD caused the child that Uriah's wife had borne to David to become very ill. David prayed to God that the child would get well. He refused to eat anything, and every night he went into his room and spent the night lying on the floor. When David noticed them whispering to each other, he realized that the child had died. So he asked them, “Is the child dead?” “Yes, he is,” they answered. David got up from the floor, had a bath, combed his hair, and changed his clothes. Then he went and worshipped in the house of the LORD . When he returned to the palace, he asked for food and ate it as soon as it was served. “Yes,” David answered, “I did fast and weep while he was still alive. I thought that the LORD might be merciful to me and not let the child die. But now that he is dead, why should I fast? Could I bring the child back to life? I will some day go to where he is, but he can never come back to me.”
2 Samuel 12:15‭-‬16‭, ‬19‭-‬20‭, ‬22‭-‬23 GNB


David reacted the way he did because he knew that no matter what he does then, that child isn't coming back. At that point he just had to yield to God.

So Pilate passed the sentence on Jesus that they were asking for. He set free the man they wanted, the one who had been put in prison for riot and murder, and he handed Jesus over for them to do as they wished. Jesus said, “Forgive them, Father! They don't know what they are doing.” They divided his clothes among themselves by throwing dice.
Luke 23:24‭-‬25‭, ‬34 GNB

In the above scripture our lord Jesus Christ was crucified and they deem it fit to release a criminal. Glory to God for this led to salvation of all of us who are saved and the saints that have passed on and those yet to be born or saved. The important thing is Jesus didn't allow the emotions of the pain, the persecution, the accusations to overwhelm Him to the extent where He forget the main goal of which He was sent which was salvation and reconciliation of man to their creator.

Today I hope this message helps us all find a way to get over emotions and get into the vehicle of God's motion by always allowing God to take the wheel.

Studying the word and doing the word is a very good way to accomplish this because the word is the one that gives life. So endeavour to dig deep into the word of God.

I also want to encourage you to be prepared for His coming, the ones that will be rapturable are those who are ready moving in God's motion not emotions I hope you are ready. I pray we will not be left behind in Jesus name.

Perhaps it's your first time coming across such message and you're not sure about your salvation say the prayer below and join the family of Christ.

Lord Jesus I come to you, I confess all my sins, I pray that you come into my life henceforth and be my guide. Henceforth begin to rule and reign as I begin eternal life in you in Jesus name amen

Let us Pray

Father thank you for your word that you have sent to me this day

Lord forgive me in every way I constantly allow emotions to rule above my life

Lord increase the thirst for you in my life henceforth

Lord increase the thirst to study your word and be doer of it in all areas of my life

Father in all that I engage in henceforth let my life be driven by your motion and not emotions only in Jesus name

*Personal Prayer*

Thank you abba father for answered prayers in Jesus name

An article by Be Inspired by His Word 2021 ©

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...