Search This Blog

Thursday 19 September 2019

Be Inspired Bible study

*Recap of*

*Be Inspired Bible Studies Thursday 19th September 2019*

*Anchor:* Sis Queeneth Oloyede

*Topic:* WISDOM

*Text:* 2 Kings 5:1-18
1  The king of Aram had great admiration for Naaman, the commander of his army, because through him the lord had given Aram great victories. But though Naaman was a mighty warrior, He suffered from leprosy.

2 Kings 5:1

2  At this time Aramean raiders had invaded the land of Israel, and among their captives was a young girl who had been given to Naaman’s wife as a maid.

2 Kings 5:2

3  One day the girl said to her mistress, “I wish my master would go to see the prophet in Samaria. He would heal him of his leprosy.”

2 Kings 5:3

4  So Naaman told the king what the young girl from Israel had said.

2 Kings 5:4

5  “Go and visit the prophet,” the king of Aram told him. “I will send a letter of introduction for you to take to the king of Israel.” So Naaman started out, carrying as gifts 750 pounds of silver, 150 pounds of gold, and ten sets of clothing.

2 Kings 5:5

6  The letter to the king of Israel said: “With this letter I present my servant Naaman. I want you to heal him of his leprosy.”

2 Kings 5:6

7  When the king of Israel read the letter, He tore his clothes in dismay and said, “This man sends me a leper to heal! Am I God, that I can give life and take it away? I can see that he’s just trying to pick a fight with me.”

2 Kings 5:7

8  But when Elisha, the man of God, heard that the king of Israel had torn his clothes in dismay, He sent this message to him: “Why are you so upset? Send Naaman to me, and He will learn that there is a true prophet here in Israel.”

2 Kings 5:8

9  So Naaman went with his horses and chariots and waited at the door of Elisha’s house.

2 Kings 5:9

10  But Elisha sent a messenger out to him with this message: “Go and wash yourself seven times in the Jordan River. Then your skin will be restored, and you will be healed of your leprosy.”

2 Kings 5:10

11  But Naaman became angry and stalked away. “I thought He would certainly come out to meet me!” He said. “I expected him to wave his hand over the leprosy and call on the name of the lord his God and heal me!

2 Kings 5:11

12  Aren’t the rivers of Damascus, the Abana and the Pharpar, better than any of the rivers of Israel? Why shouldn’t I wash in them and be healed?” So Naaman turned and went away in a rage.

2 Kings 5:12

13  But his officers tried to reason with him and said, “Sir, if the prophet had told you to do something very difficult, wouldn’t you have done it? So you should certainly obey him when He says simply, ‘Go and wash and be cured!’”

2 Kings 5:13

14  So Naaman went down to the Jordan River and dipped himself seven times, as the man of God had instructed him. And his skin became as healthy as the skin of a young child, and He was healed!

2 Kings 5:14

15  Then Naaman and his entire party went back to find the man of God. They stood before him, and Naaman said, “Now I know that there is no God in all the world except in Israel. So please accept a gift from your servant.”

2 Kings 5:15

16  But Elisha replied, “As surely as the lord lives, whom I serve, I will not accept any gifts.” And though Naaman urged him to take the gift, Elisha refused.

2 Kings 5:16

17  Then Naaman said, “All right, but please allow me to load two of my mules with earth from this place, and I will take it back home with me. From now on I will never again offer burnt offerings or sacrifices to any other god except the lord.

2 Kings 5:17

18  However, may the lord pardon me in this one thing: When my master the king goes into the temple of the god Rimmon to worship there and leans on my arm, may the lord pardon me when I bow, too.”

2 Kings 5:18

Shared from NLT Bible Offline1.1

I hope everyone is familiar with this story of Naaman, the commander with so many victories *BUT* he suffered leprosy.
I'm sure you'll wonder like I did, so what's wisdom in this....?
From verse 2 we understand the great commander invaded the land of Israel.
Can i ask: what is *Wisdom*?
It can be *A piece of wise advice.*
Wisdom cam also be the ability to apply relevant knowledge in an insightful way, especially to different situations from that in which the knowledge was gained.
The first person to show what wisdom is is an unnamed little girl.
In verse 2 the bible described her as a young girl.
Amplified put it thus: 2 Kings 5:2
[2]The Syrians had gone out in bands and had brought away captive out of the land of Israel a *little* maid, and she waited on Naaman's wife.
So we can all agree that Wisdom isn't by age, gender, ethnicity or nationality.
It's a special gift from God....
She displayed her Wisdom in her advice ..... "I wish my master would go."
She didn't enforce it!
She said it in a subtle way.
If it had been some of us and we know what our city prophet can do... we brag it before suggesting it.
Some of us want to help the Holy Spirit. We forward-pass.
This little girl used wisdom to get  to Naaman through the wife.
She didn't go behind her madam, or talking about it to another maid what the prophet could do.
She stayed in her lane.
Do you know that not everyone that needs help know or will accept your help?
Only wisdom can let you know this.
Had it been over confidence or over zealous is worrying her, going through Naaman’s ADC could be a disaster.
As little as the girl was, she displayed the wisdom we all need to learn from.
Despite the fact she knew Naaman could be healed, she took her time, she didn't let pity get hold of her.

Sometimes the Holy Spirit tells us to go left, we go right.
Do you know that you've grieved the Holy Spirit with that disobedience?
Mercyyyyy Lord!
She was wise in giving her counsel.
She didn't jump protocol, she went through the wife.
She forgave Naaman invading her town to make her a slave, yet she still proferred a solution to his problem.
All this can only be from a wise perspective.

I truly wish we know what happened afterwards to that girl.
Her faith didn't shake that Naaman would get healing.

Another wisdom is on Naaman’s side.

Thank God he had wise people as officers.
He surrounded himself with people that could tell him the truth.
Some of us don't have people who can call us to order when we're going the wrong way because we've displayed a *Know it all* attitude.
They will rather say it behind us.
Some of us that's supposed to let our friends or family know the truth we will rather say let her/him face the consequence. I don't want anyone to insult me.
Some will even say: is it not his leprosy? ...Abeg leave me. It's his body now, not my body.

In verse 13, the officers even went further by saying; if it's a hard thing wouldn't you do it?

I'm sure those were his trusted allies but younger in rank to him.

Some of us can't carry on with our Team... in unit, in family, in church, offices.
We always play 'I don't want to hurt him/her' card but you have the wisdom to counsel right but you're not just interested because it's not on your body.
Some superior even listen but are not teachable. ...that's why leaders are few.
Didn't you wonder how Naaman,  a man with leprosy became a Commander?
Wisdom took him there.
For him to have listened to his officers means he's a man of the people.
You can only deal with people if you have wisdom.
It's not easy to rule people or command them. It takes deep wisdom!
The bible says if anyone lacks wisdom let him ask.
Naaman exposed himself to information. .. that's why he agreed to try out a *slave* solution to his problem. If not, he would discard what the wife told him.

Everyone of us  needs someone to tell us the truth no matter how hard or bitter it is.

Someone to humble us and have deep respect for..

Naaman was vulnerable and authentic.

Wisdom made him to be a man of process. He didn't  give up the 5th time or 4th time or 6th time.
Some people won't mind the journey they will just be angry and decide not to go further.
We need wisdom to keep our temperament in check.
Someone can even say: Me I dont have time to waste, what happened to dipping once?
You can't display wisdom without being an obedient person.
Remember also that Jesus Christ is the Wisdom of life. I hope you have Him in your life and you obey Him.
Obedience doesn't have human logic to patch it up by the side.
I pray that we'll function in the wisdom God has given us in Jesus Name.
I pray for fresh wisdom to weather through life's journey in Jesus Name
I pray that we'll win souls through the wisdom of God and we won't glory in ourselves In Jesus Name.
Amen.

http://leahadepehjuh.blogspot.co.uk

Follow the link above get inspired with life transforming articles, write up, stories and daily devotional prayer.
Kindly rebroadcast be a blessing to others.
Be Inspired by His Word©

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...