Search This Blog

Friday 29 May 2020

Divine Direction

Be Inspired End of The Month Prayer and Fasting May 29th -31st 2020

Theme: Divine Direction

Text: And your ears will hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way; walk in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left.
Isaiah 30:21 AMPC


Glory be to  the eternal rock of ages who has counted us worthy to be alive now. He is God always and He always does wonders in the lives of His own. Father thank you for who you are, we ask lord that you minister to us as an individual and as a group. Glorify yourself in our lives and at the end let us receive that which you want us to in Jesus name. Amen

Divine direction; when something is divine there is a supernatural ability to it and direction is knowing the way to a destination. There are different types of direction one can receive in life but the direction given by God doesn't lead to failure or doom if you allow God to see you through. 

Divine direction is heavenly and supernaturally ordained by God who alone knows the beginning and the end.
For every divine direction there are details of sequence of things to follow in order to fulfill the purpose of the divine instructions

I will like to share some account from the life of Moses, reading the verses below;

And when she could no longer hide him, she took for him an ark or basket made of bulrushes or papyrus [making it watertight by] daubing it with bitumen and pitch. Then she put the child in it and laid it among the rushes by the brink of the river [Nile]. And his sister [Miriam] stood some distance away to learn what would be done to him. Now the daughter of Pharaoh came down to bathe at the river, and her maidens walked along the bank; she saw the ark among the rushes and sent her maid to fetch it. When she opened it, she saw the child; and behold, the baby cried. And she took pity on him and said, This is one of the Hebrews' children! Then his sister said to Pharaoh's daughter, Shall I go and call a nurse of the Hebrew women to nurse the child for you? Pharaoh's daughter said to her, Go. And the girl went and called the child's mother. Then Pharaoh's daughter said to her, Take this child away and nurse it for me, and I will give you your wages. So the woman took the child and nursed it. Exodus 2:3‭-‬9 AMPC

He was born in an era where the Pharaoh reigning requested that all the children with certain age obviously the Israelites children should not live, specific instructions was given to the midwife. Moses was spared I don't think it was by accident but for a particular purpose. His mother was able to keep him safe with people not noticing and when she felt like I can't keep this child without people knowing, she placed him in a basket and as we can see he was guided to a place where he was discovered by the daughter of Pharaoh who liked him and requested that a nanny be found to take care of him and that nanny was his mother.

I do not believe this was a coincidence, this is the direction of God, how did that basket with baby inside not turn into the water, how come no creature flying or swimming was able to harm the child?

Moses family and His tribes believed in the God of Israel, there was a relationship already established with God by this people so to encounter divine direction it is important to know God for who He is and have a relationship with Him.

Years later God showed that He was the one with Moses yet again, even after murdering an Egyptian, becoming a fugitive and now he was looking after his father in law's farm.


The Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush burned with fire, yet was not consumed. And Moses said, I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush is not burned. And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called to him out of the midst of the bush and said, Moses, Moses! And he said, Here am I. God said, Do not come near; put your shoes off your feet, for the place on which you stand is holy ground. Also He said, I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God. And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters and oppressors; for I know their sorrows and sufferings and trials. And I have come down to deliver them out of the hand and power of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land to a land good and large, a land flowing with milk and honey [a land of plenty]–to the place of the Canaanite, the Hittite, the Amorite, the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite. Now behold, the cry of the Israelites has come to Me, and I have also seen how the Egyptians oppress them. Come now therefore, and I will send you to Pharaoh, that you may bring forth My people, the Israelites, out of Egypt. And Moses said to God, Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt? God said, I will surely be with you; and this shall be the sign to you that I have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain [Horeb, or Sinai]. And Moses said to God, Behold, when I come to the Israelites and say to them, The God of your fathers has sent me to you, and they say to me, What is His name? What shall I say to them? And God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM and WHAT I AM, and I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE; and He said, You shall say this to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you!
Exodus 3:2‭-‬14 AMPC

From the scripture above when the angel of the lord appeared to Moses in the fire in the bush note one thing that was important, he had to pay attention. Moses attention was caught because he saw the fire burning yet the bush was not touched, yet so he drew near wanting to know what an amazing thing this was.

I remember the first time I witnessed rain falling on one side of the road and it was sunny at thesame time at the same side but the other side was so dry no rain just cool weather. I was a child then and I was like this is strange, I later asked an adult and I was told the myth that a lion must have been giving birth.

Not to digress further, you cannot have divine direction if God doesn't have your attention. There is no one that God cannot get their attention, in fact if it seem like you are not paying attention He will change tides of things in a way that you will pay full attention to Him.

When Moses attention was finally on the fire then God spoke to Him, at this point God had His attention and Moses was willing to listen as this new thing he has never seen before. So aside your attention you need to listen, for you to get divine direction.

Our anchor verse says you will hear a word in your ear telling you which way to go, how do you hear if you are not listening, how do you listen if your attention is not on the one who wants to speak to you.

When Moses started listening then God started unveiling the assignment he has called him to do, God was giving him details this is what I want you to do, he told him to the extent that Pharaoh's heart will be hardened. 

In every divine direction there are details you must follow through, so after your attention, listening skills, you need to grab the details because that is the only way you can get to your destination regardless of challenges.

Then Moses asked God okay I know you want me to do this but who do I say send me, then God told Him tell them I Am that I Am the God of Israel. It is okay to ask God about your direction even as he directs you, don't feel mute, He is a loving father. Sometimes God is waiting for us to ask Him about certain situations.

To accomplish the purpose of divine direction you must exercise patience, not everything that you hear will happen instantly some would but some might take a test of faith and character so you must exercise patience.

Divine direction can only be experienced by a mind that is regenerated, attentive, listening, ready to go by details, patient and ask the one who controls and rule above all.

I do not know where you need direction in your life but don't shut the will of God out.
You are not alone your past doesn't determine how God directs you in life. Your present is important to God as well as your future.

Remember He is the beginning and the end which is why He is called The Alpha and Omega. He is forever able to direct you even when the journey seem like it will not end well still seek God for the direction.

Don't just go into anything without divine direction. You may be wondering, at this stage of my life can I still get divine direction, no situation is too low or too big for God to direct or reconstruct so that His name will be glorified 

God can speak to you directly just as He spoke to Moses, He can also use mediums like ministers of the gospel, circumstances, most especially His word. 

Get acquainted to the ways God speaks and allow Him to speak to you rather than shut Him out thinking you have it all and able to do it on your own. Let God carry you as you run this race of life by divinely directing you.

Let us pray

Heavenly father thank you for who you are to me

Ancient of days forgive me in anyway I have directed myself in life without taking your lead

Lord Jesus I need you like never before take preeminence in my life in Jesus name

Abba father, take the wheel of my life don't let me end up in doom or truncate my destiny by running against your will

Father concerning (mention) direct me in Jesus name

Lord over this ministry and everyone impacted by it, let us walk in your divine direction for the rest of our lives in Jesus name

Lord over every one in place of authority in different capacities direct them divinely henceforth in Jesus name

Personal Prayer

Thank you abba father for answered prayers in Jesus name

Be Inspired by His Word ©

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...