Search This Blog

Saturday 6 September 2014

Locked out!!

           !!!!!Locked Out!!!!!

One faithful Saturday morning after a night duty,  I decided to go shopping so that on my way back from shopping, I can have a good shower and rest before heading out for the plan of the day.

I spent almost two hours shopping with very teary eyes and tired body pushing myself farther than I could imagine.

Finally all the shopping was done and I was just humming as I walked home imagining how I am going to sleep.

On getting home I droped the shopping deeped my hands in my bag took everything out and Alas! I didn't have my keys with me. I couldn't cry I didn't know what to do. No one was home I was tired beyond my imagination.

I called the nearest person who has the keys and the person was in the midst of shopping. With pity and all I was told they will get to back as soon as possible.

I was hungry and angry at myself at thesame time. Luckily for me I bought some pasties from the shop. I am an obsessed cleaniness to godliness person. I must brush my teeth before eating plus I don't normally fancy breakfast.

Without choice, I started eating the pasties. As I was eating the wind was blowing cold air I felt a bit feverish but knowing well its just for some minutes or perhaps an hour or two. My spirit said do you feel what the homeless feel? I was eating but not with joy but necessity.  If I were to be inside the house I probably would have had the pasties with lovely hot chocolate or any drink of my choice.

Different cars were driving by, I could feel or should I say the neighbours were probably peeping out of their windows wondering what I am doing outside the house with shopping and eating.

Oh Lord my spirit man spoke again, just as some will be shut out from the kingdom of Heaven. Wait a minute is it more than the key. Hmm!! an adage in my language says height or body mass doesn't opened the door except those who have the keys (Yoruba Adage).

Seriously I had the keys but I forgot the keys, just like the five virgins had the lamp but had no oil what use is a lamp that is not burning? What use is a lamp without light in the midst of darkness what use is the key I locked in the house when I the owner is stuck outside?

What use is our salvation if its not guarded with fear and trembling? What use is my claim as Christian if indeed I am not Christ like? What use is my christian calling if I fail to reach out to my next door neighbour preaching the gospel with joy even in the face of persecution.

What use is the blood of Jesus that was slain on calvary if I refuse to let it wash away my sin or if I keep revisiting my sin?

What use is it if I spend decades on earth and God forbid at the end of it all I am locked out of Heaven? What use is all my service and toiling in His vineyard if it's not recognised in Heaven. What use is it?

Don't be locked out, I don't want to be locked out Lord help me to live for you alone and in you to the very end in Jesus name amen.

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...