Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 March 2018

Don't condemn yourself

Topic: Don't condemn yourself
Text: When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?  She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.John 8:10‭-‬12 KJV

All glory be to God almighty for the opportunity to sharethe word. Our God is forever awesome and gracious that words of mouth cannot describe Him well enough because He is beyond that.

Briefly I will like to talk about condemnation. Condemnation is a strong expression of disapproval. At some point in life we come across people who condemn us or who we in turn condemn.  It is some how a natural thing for human being to condemn other just because their ways are opposite each other or contradicts each other.

Looking at the story of the woman in the Bible she was caught in the act of sexual immorality totally condemned by people in the community about to be stoned.

This day it would have been a jungle justice issue like is still in some countries. As God will have it Jesus was right near the place this woman could have been stoned to death.

They sought His opinion and He said whoever is without sin should cast the first stone.

Did He just said that..
Well He hit the nail right on the head. The topic says dont condemn yourself, many are times we fall into the bracket of self condemnation. We don't even realise how much we are condemning ourselves until someone probably wakes us up to that reality. We think it's ok to feel less of ourselves. We don't appreciate ourselves enough not to talk of appreciating others around us.

Condemnation of self can easily be unforgiveness towards ourself. When I say ourself I mean unforgiveness towards myself or yourself whichever applies to you. We may think well I am not good enough for that but have you ever looked at yourself better than the way you have always looked at yourself.

Condemnation can tarnish glory just like that. I am not insinuating that when someone falls into sin they should be glorified no. When someone or even yourself fall into sin, repentance is essential. You must repent of your sins to be able to actually move on in life to be who God wants you to be.

If you don't forgive yourself or others it is hard to move on. And when you eventually move on you carry so much baggage with you and garbage is 99% of your baggage.

There are different ways in which we condemn ourselves as himan and before God He doesn't see us like that just because Jesus had already paid for it. Having said that its not the license to continue in sin and end in the path of self condemnation.

Can I encourage you today to forgive yourself. Yes you might have messed up but don't hang on to it. Let it go and allow God to make you brand new like He did to the lady in the scriptures.

Let us Pray

Eternal God thank you for the privilege of your word in Jesus name

Heavenly father forgive me in anyway I have held on to unforgiveness for myself and others in Jesus name

Lord eternal grant me grace to walk just the way you want me to and continually funtion under your grace till I see you in glory in Jesus name

Lord remove from me all form of condemnation affecting my life in anyway in Jesus name

Mighty God give me grace to move on from my past henceforth in Jesus name

Personal Prayer

Thank you Lord for answered prayers in Jesus name

Be Inspired by His Word 2018 ©

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...