Search This Blog

Saturday 10 May 2014

A word for you!

A word for you!

The lyrics of a song by Donnie Mcclurkin goes thus; 
"Keep on talkin' to me
Speak to my heart, Holy Spirit
Give me the words that will bring new life
Words on the wings of a morning, the dark night will fade away
If You speak to my heart now
Speak to my heart, Holy Spirit
Message of love, love to encourage me
Lifting my heart from the snare, how You love, love me, and care for me"

Meditating on the lyrics above I understand that the word of God is a vital tool in the life of any believer. Knowing His word empowers your faith and helps you to recognise when God is speaking.  It convicts, rebuke, renew, blesses your heart thus regenerating your conscience. In the books of Psalms 119:11, the Psalmist said your word have I hidden in my heart that I may not sin against you. Hiding God's word in one's heart helps one to refrain from sining. How do you know when to ask God to speak to your heart if your heart is hardened and you have no knowledge of the power in His word? Today meditate more on His word and learn to listen and recognise when God is speaking. "SPEAK YO MY HEART LORD"
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...