Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 October 2023

I will Rise

*Be Inspired Intercessory and Testimony program Tuesday 24th October 2023*

*Topic:* I will  rise

*Text:* Isaiah 60:1

“Arise, Jerusalem! Let your light shine for all to see. For the glory of the Lord rises to shine on you.
Isaiah 60:1 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/isa.60.1.NLT

“Get out of bed, Jerusalem! Wake up. Put your face in the sunlight. God’s bright glory has risen for you.
Isaiah 60:1‭MSG
https://bible.com/bible/97/isa.60.1.MSG

“Arise [from spiritual depression to a new life], shine [be radiant with the glory and brilliance of the Lord]; for your light has come, And the glory and brilliance of the Lord has risen upon you.
Isaiah 60:1 AMP
https://bible.com/bible/1588/isa.60.1.AMP

All praise be to God, He alone is the king of kings and the Lord of lords. The most wonderful, the independent, the omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent king. He is forever faithful, forever able, the lion and the lamb. The one and only true God, the Lion of the tribe of Judah.

Father we bless your name, thank you Jesus for the salvation of our souls, thank you for the privilege to study your word, to be blessed by the word, chastised and transformed by it you alone deserve all our praise in Jesus mighty name.

The scripture we will be learning from today is Isaiah 60:1, it's quite a common verse that we probably can quote it in our sleep especially those Bible scholars reading this now. However we know that the word of God is new every morning, God is not an old irrelevant God because the word of God is God according to the book of John.

Isaiah 60:1 says Arise, I have shared it in 3 different versions for clarity and to make the verse relatable for us. This verse here is an instruction to you and I. I want you to insert your name in the verse and read it out loud especially the MSG version.

When you personalize the word of God to yourself and your circumstances it resonates more with your spirit man and it gives you a much clearer understanding as the Holy spirit interprets things to you.

Many times we pray and ask God ' _send help to me, send helpers to me, let my helpers locate me_ ' There is nothing bad with those prayers but some people stay in one position and they keep saying the same thing day in day out and expect some supernatural results. I do not dispute supernatural intervention or results.

God sometimes wants us to break free from our self made, mind constructed confinement into the level He has made available for us but to do so we must rise.

The Bible told us about the man by the pool of Bethesda John 5:1-15, he was there for 38years that is some people's life time as a matter of fact that exceeded the years Jesus spent on earth for the physical ministry.

This man desired to rise, he desired a change. Did he have helpers, yes, helpers came across him but by the time they got close to where the healing was meant to take place it was too late.

Can I just pray for you, you will not arrive late at the point of your breakthrough in Jesus name.

However, the time came for this man, when Jesus saw Him and he still expressed His desire to Jesus and below is what transpired

The invalid answered, Sir, I have nobody when the water is moving to put me into the pool; but while I am trying to come [into it] myself, somebody else steps down ahead of me. Jesus said to him, Get up! Pick up your bed (sleeping pad) and walk! Instantly the man became well and recovered his strength and picked up his bed and walked. But that happened on the Sabbath.
John 5:7‭-‬9 AMPC
https://bible.com/bible/8/jhn.5.7-9.AMPC

Take note, Jesus just spoke the word get up and walk, the ability was there but the action was absent for 38years until his desire met his action, his miracle was delayed.

You might be saying to God I want to excel, I want to blow, I want this I want that, if it aligns with His will you must not stay complacent, you must just hibernate in your comfort zone. You must break out and break free from the limits you have set for yourself or the society has set for you.

One thing that is constant in life is change, but if you are not open to change do not expect things to change in your favour.

Prayer is good, Faith is vital but where action is missing it is wasted effort and time.

When you pray, take steps no matter how little they may appear, refuse to stay in one position.

Don't feel comfortable in the uncertainty, to the extent that your vision is beclouded by doubts and discouragement.

You know even as the economy of the world is going hullabaloo the children of God and the ones who refuse to be complacent are making exploits.

God says arise and shine, where do you think the light is coming from? The light is inside of you but until you recognize what you carry you will not utilize it the way He wants you to.

The word said your light has come, is not that it is coming. Arise from your spiritual slumber, don't stay too long in that situation, don't allow your tears to feed your fears while your faith is thrown in the mud.

Don't tell God the problem is too much because He saw it before it started and if He is taking you to rise, it is because there is a solution.

Don't speak too much about what is not working why not cultivate the habit of positive declaration and positive steps. Even when it doesn't work don't give up because God hasn't given up.

Even when they say 100% outcome is failure declare the 1000% chances of success when it comes to me because God is in it and He never fails.

You might have been there longer than the guy by the pool, you might have slumbered all year but it's never too late to rise because God is calling you now to rise.

*Let us pray*

Eternal rock of ages thank you for the privilege to be ministered to by your word

Lord thank you for sending this word to me this day you deserve the worship

Lord have mercy on me, remove all slumbering physically or spiritually from me

Abba as I rise now let evidence follow my rising

I decree my light that seems hidden, begins to shine brighter and brighter as I rise in Jesus name

I cast out every spirit of complacency, staying in the comfort zone against the will of God in Jesus name

My spirit man arises now from the place of dormancy into the place of dominion and establishment

I decree, from today, my next level has started no more retrogression or repeating of negative oattern in my life and lineage

*Personal Prayer*

Thank you abba father for answered prayers in Jesus name amen 

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...