Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 May 2022

Why me? The perfect excuse!

Be Inspired Intercessory Prayer and Thanksgiving program 17th May 2022

Topic: Why me? The perfect excuse?

Text: Exodus 4:10-13

Father we give you all the praise and glory for this beautiful opportunity to share your word. Lord as we share the word, make our hearts receptive, make us the doer and not hearer only. Ignite our spirit man to align with the ministration of the Holy spirit through your word and let your name only be glorified in Jesus name amen.


The topic today is 'why me? The perfect excuse!'.  As human beings we are shaped in a way that our formative years, beliefs and experience can easily be the driving force of how we eventually live our lives except we break free from them and see or life the way God wants us to.

Then Moses said to the Lord, “Please, Lord, I am not a man of words (eloquent, fluent), neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; for I am slow of speech and tongue.” The Lord said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute or the deaf, or the seeing or the blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and will teach you what you shall say.” But he said, “Please my Lord, send the message [of rescue to Israel] by [someone else,] whomever else You will [choose].”
Exodus 4:10‭-‬13 AMP

The scripture tells the story of how Moses was called by God to go and save the children of Israel from Egypt and the tyrant leadership of pharaoh. Moses saw himself as unqualified, he saw his past as a major factor, his upbringing in the palace and whatever he did that led him to where he was. Then he saw a major feature of his physical inability/ability, he stammers. He said to God I am not eloquent why would you choose me to speak.

I bet at some point you must have come across someone who stammers or someone with public anxiety or low self esteem. It takes a lot of encouragement, self realization, intrinsic ability to face the crowd, face the world or face their challenge. We can relate this to Moses, when he questioned God bassed on this limitation.

God's answer must have thrown a natural man off their balance. God said who made the mouth, who made the dumb, the deaf, the blind is it not me? I will teach you what to say. Still Moses did not feel convinced enough he still said, God send someone else.

Does this sound familiar to you, at times we look at ourselves and we just think why me? Some assignments might not have to do with ministerial duties. Many of us forget that our chosen career, work, business can be a channel or instrument God wants to use to move us to higher level either spiritually or physically.

Perhaps you are still at that level at your work place, you have the skills, you are using it endlessly but your effort is not recognised and God is laying it in your heart to keep doing what you do and even go above and beyond.

You can easily give the perfect excuse and say why me? Am I the CEO of this firm? I'm not the highest paid member of staff, I'm nobody in this department. Even in the church where you serve you may feel less valued and when they want more volunteers you wonder why me, what about the favourites of the leaders?

To be honest it is human to feel like this, everyone needs praise here and there but God doesn't function the way man functions, men may not see or may not acknowledge or reward you according to your level of input but there is a God that knows the best reward and gives accordingly.

The treatment you have felt or received might make you automatically disqualify your ability to attain higher height but it can never make God disqualify you. So if God is not disqualifying you, why are you disqualifying yourself based on your experience(s)?

But Gideon said to Him, “Please Lord, how am I to rescue Israel? Behold, my family is the least [significant] in Manasseh, and I am the youngest (smallest) in my father’s house.” The Lord answered him, “I will certainly be with you, and you will strike down the Midianites as [if they were only] one man.” Gideon replied to Him, “If I have found any favor in Your sight, then show me a sign that it is You who speaks with me. Please do not depart from here until I come back to You, and bring my offering and place it before You.” And He said, “I will wait until you return.”
Judges 6:15‭-‬18 AMP

Another example from the scripture is the story of Gideon, God called him to save the children of Israel, his answer was ah! God me that my family is the smallest. The truth is God saw the people with the glass House, the one with the pent house, the one with the duplex, the one from the royal background, the highly educated one, the holder of all degrees and academical accolades but He choose you the one who feels like they can't stand shoulder by shoulder with those who tick all the boxes.

If you read the scripture further in the case of Gideon you will se how God used him to do wonders and save the Israelites. 

Are you still asking God why me, maybe they are talking about something and you look at the requirements and you automatically boxed yourself out, I do not hold this thing but God is saying go for it. Why delay?

But you go about preaching faith...

Now faith is the assurance (title deed, confirmation) of things hoped for (divinely guaranteed), and the evidence of things not seen [the conviction of their reality—faith comprehends as fact what cannot be experienced by the physical senses].
Hebrews 11:1 AMP

From the scripture faith isn't necessarily about what you can physically visualize, faith is something that you work and walk on.

But someone may say, “You [claim to] have faith and I have [good] works; show me your [alleged] faith without the works [if you can], and I will show you my faith by my works [that is, by what I do].”
James 2:18 AMP

You cannot claim that you are a faith filled believer if you throw in the towel even before taking any necessary steps. You may seem or appear unqualified but do not rule yourself out of what God has already settled.

Yes! It may not come easy, but one or many downfall should not make you assume that you are a failure. When you fail once or how many times it may seem, learn from whatever it is do not stop or give up. Man may say it's impossible but you need to have that inner push to actualize the things God has settled spiritually for you.

Someone shared with me how they went for more than ten job interviews before they secured the job of their desire in an organisation of their choice. The person did not stop, they kept going even when it wasn't easy.

Why me? Is a perfect excuse and the enemy will always give you reasons to see that yes you do not qualify. When such thoughts come to your mind that why you, look at it and say why not me. A glory that will go down the drain will not be tampered with by the workers of iniquity, but a glory that is birth to shine will be opposed on all levels.

What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of [earthborn] man that You care for him?
Psalms 8:4 AMP

God is mindful of every bit, every details of our lives. You may be requested to do something, take up a task, go on an assignment. As long as God is involved do not be moved. If He puts you on a mission, He will give provision and vision on how to complete the mission because He is God.

Today remove why me? The perfect excuse! Out of your vocabulary.

Let us pray.

Father I worship you for another time to be blessed by your word.

Lord forgive me in anyway, I have failed to recognize the potentials you have deposited in me.

Lord help me to let go of all disappointment that has made me feel less qualified.

Lord from today, ignite the fire to always take the active step of walking by faith and not by sight in me.

Holy spirit fill my heart with your divine presence so I can discern when you are ministering to me from when the flesh is causing confusion

Father in all my dreams and desires, help me to overcome as a faith filled believer and Victor.

I decree from today I refuse to give the perfect excuse why me over any aspects of my life in Jesus name

Personal Prayer

Thank you abba father for answered prayers in Jesus name amen.



No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...