Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 October 2018

Be His Sanctuary

Text: And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.2 Corinthians 6:16 KJV

Praise be to God for another wonderful opportunity to share from His word today. I pray that the Holy Spirit will minister to us through His word in Jesus name.

Sanctuary means a haven, harbour a safe place of abode. We all understand that being homeless is a state where no one in their right mind prays to find themself. No sane person will wake up one day and sell all their belonging shelter and all only to live on the street.

From the text above there is a question that what agreement does God have with idols?

My answer is as simple as you may envisage nothing. Absolutely nothing.

He created everything on earth so there is no god or creation more important than Him that He will now stoop low to have an agreement with it.

Further down the verse a statement of affirmation was made for you are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my.

The dwelling of God is a safe harbour, the dwelling of God is a place of solution, the dwelling of God is a place of peace, the dwelling of God is a place of display of the fruits of the spirit.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Galatians 5:22‭-‬24 KJV

To be His sanctuary the fruit of the spirit must flow and present themself daily  in and through us. The fruits of the spirit are things that a natural man finds impossible to fulfill. As believers from the time of our salvation we cease to be a natural man but supernatural being.

Yes we might not let go of works of flesh like anger, strife, jealousy envy and all instantly but as we grow in the Lord we let go of the works of flesh and are filled with the fruit of the spirit. This will happen if we have indeed let God to be incharge of our lives.

You may be wondering that yes I am His santuary but how come I am facing this and my body is that. Know that all this are temporal and this life will live presently is as temporal as the challenges that comes with it. It should not and cannot stop you from being the sanctuary of God if you fully understand who you are truly.

So today I want us all to look at our lives, secretly, openly whichever way we can look at it best and I want you to envisage God in your life and how you are truly His santuary.

The psalmist says ;
The mountains skipped like rams, and the little hills like lambs. Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams; and ye little hills, like lambs?  Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob;  Which turned the rock into a standing water, the flint into a fountain of waters. Psalms 114:4‭, ‬6‭-‬8 KJV

These verses let us know that when God is there no matter what comes inform of destruction to man cannot destroy God in anyway. God will be God man will be man and even if it is man made destruction God will make His Sanctuary a safe harbour. Are you keen to be His Sanctuary?

Let us Pray

Lord almighty thank you for this wonderful word you sent to me this day

Lord forgive me in anyway that I allowed the works of flesh to rule me in Jesus name

Father grant me grace to constanly be a worthy sanctuary of Yours in Jesus name

Lord regardless of what I see in life let me always remember that nothing can stand against You and succeed and You live daily in me in Jesus name

Personal Prayer

Thank you Jesus for answered prayers in Jesus name.

Be Inspired by His word 17th October 2018©

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...