Search This Blog

Thursday 31 October 2013

MY TIME HAS COME 5

Topical: My Time Has Come

Text: " Then God remembered Rachel, and God listened to her and opened her womb."

If you read that chapter from verse 1, you will understand that Rachel was not happy of her situation. She became envious of her sister Leah. It's human nature to feel disappointed especially when things are not right. She was the one Jacob wanted to marry before Laban tricked Jacob to marry Leah first because traditionally,  the first daughter must get married before other daughters. After a week (Gen29:38) Rachel was given to Jacob to marry from onset she experienced delay.

Imagine being a second best where you ought to be the best. It won't go down well with you, to add insult to the dissatisfied bride her sister had children for their husband while she remain barren. Rachel even threatened her husband with suicide if he didn't give her children as if her husband was children manufacturer.  Is that situation making you suicidal?

As human when we are frustrated of  the situation around us we lament and begin to speak to God as if we made Him and not the other way round. We forget that  He is the Orchestrator of time Ecclesiastes 3 : 1 "to everything there is   a season, A time for every purpose under Heaven". We forget that what He says He will do and He is unquestionably dependable.  There was a conflict between the two sisters because of their needs, one was in need of affection and attention (Leah) and the other a child (Rachel).

Some situations makes the people that love each other to turn against each other.  It happens among families,  friends, colleagues and so on. It might be due to envy, lack of respect or one writing the other off. Leah and Rachel where sister's at war because of the situation around them. When God is set to work no man can stop Him Hallelujah.

In Genesis 30:14 Rachel asked Leah to give her some of her son's mandrakes (potato that aids fertility) but Leah insulted her instead. In Genesis 30:22 God did what Rachel had waited for since she became a wife.  He remembered her, opened her womb and she conceived and gave birth to Joseph. When God says your time has come who dare say otherwise?

Psalms 102:13 "you will arise and have mercy on zion for the time to favour her yes the set time has come." The time Rachel had Joseph was the set time becaused God remembered her, had mercy on her and opened her womb. When God remember you, your  past can't stop His work because His mercy will work for you and His favour will manifest in all areas of your life.  Imagine the joy that filled the soul of Rachel when God's set time for her came. Hallowed be your name God almighty.
Let us pray;

Song:
He touched me 2x, I know the joy that filled my soul, something happened and I know He touched me and made me whole.

Heavenly father I thank you for today  and grace of new life in you in Jesus name amen.

Almighty father have mercy on me, forgive my sins that have kept me bound for so long in Jesus name amen.

Lord you opened the book of remembrance concerning Rachel, today open the book of remembrance concerning me, my family, church, community and all around me in Jesus name amen.

Lord you blessed Rachel with Joseph (which means he will add) today open the door that will open doors of additions into my life,  my family,  my career, my marriage, my health, my community and church in Jesus name amen.

Lord it is written that you will arise and have mercy on (your name) for the set time to favour (your name) has come. I decree henceforth that my time has come and it's now in Jesus name amen.

Lord make me a blessing as Joseph was a blessing to his generation in Jesus name amen.
Thank you Jesus for answered prayers in Jesus mighty name amen.

Hallelujah My Time Has Come.

(WRITTEN BY SIS Leah Bukonla Adepehjuh)

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...