Search This Blog

Monday 14 October 2013

Comfort from the Living word.

Comfort from the Living word.

II Corinthians 6:1-10 NKJV
"We then, as  workers together with  Him also plead with you not to receive the grace of God in vain. For He says: “In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. We give no offense in anything, that our ministry may not be blamed. But in all things we commend ourselves as ministers of God: in much patience, in tribulations, in needs, in distresses, in stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in sleeplessness, in fastings; by purity, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Spirit, by sincere love, by the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armor of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, by honor and dishonor, by evil report and good report; as deceivers, and yet true; as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold we live; as chastened, and yet not killed; as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things."

I Peter 1:6-8 NKJV
"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the gensuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,"

From the two Bible passages above. We are encouraged not to allow the grace of God to be in vain over us. Also that God hears and knows all about us without any hinderance. Most assuredly God is with us in all situations therefore we should tap into the grace which is available to us not only when things are going well but when they are not going well too.  That is why it says patience in tribulation which in human sense can be impossible but by the grace of God it's very possible.  Aslo it says by longsuffering,by kindness, by the Holy Spirit.  This implies that in all this uncertain or certain circumstances we need the help of the Holy Spirit and we have to understand that it only takes Holy Spirit's incompareable comfort for one's spirit to be lifted up in times of sorrow. Another point here is that we should rejoice, unbelievable how can we rejoice in times of sorrow? Through the help of the Holy Spirit no man's power can do that but the courage the Holy Spirit deposits in us can take us and lift us up in times of tribulations.

When I read this passage(2 Corinthians 6:1-10) I had to share it. We might have read it before but you know the word of God is new every morning. 
Then I saw 1Peter 1:6-8 and I thought wao! God is awesome. The verse 6 is very practical even"though you have been grieved by various trials". It was or is to test the genuineness of your faith. How awesome and great is our God? What will make you deny God trials or enjoyment? One thing that should boost our joy is the fact that Jesus is a man of war that is someone who is fighting a won battle for the sake of His people(you and I). Rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory. My brothers and sisters I don't know what exactly the situation you are in now. I don't know how bad it is or how good it is. I believe this message from the scriptures is for one of us if not for anyone its for me. I want you to ask God for strength to carry on. I want you to ask for comfort in the Holy Spirit.  I want you to speak to those things which are not as if they were.  The situation might be unbearable but believe in God its a test of faith and know that you are an overcomer. Psalms 30:5 the anger of God is but for a moment weeping may endure all night but joy comes in the morning. Lucifer has lost his power over us. We serve oba tio la fi we (incompareable King). God is able.

Let us pray;
Invisible and all knowing God I thank you for my life and family.  I thank you for the present, past and future situations all glory to you. I know Lord that you will not leave or forsake me. Father help me to stand at this trying times. Help me to trust in you and fill me with your joy in Jesus name amen.
Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...