Search This Blog

Saturday 30 August 2014

Be inspired End of the Month Fasting and Prayer August 2014

Be Inspired End of The Month Fasting and Prayer August 2014
Saturday 30/08/2014
Theme : " use me Lord"
Text: Isaiah 6:5-8 ASV
"Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of hosts. Then flew one of the seraphim unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: and he touched my mouth with it, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin forgiven. And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then I said, Here am I; send me."

If we read the above chapter from verse one we will see how prophet Isaiah was called to become a prophet. Isaiah was like every ordinary man before the Lord called him. We might be thinking that we are just ordinary human which I totally agree but there is more in us that God wants to use for His glory. We have potential in us that God wsnts to use to evangelise the gospel in a dynamic and practical way enabling people to approach the throne of grace with clearer understanding and eagerness to see the hand of God upon their lives.

The theme says use me Lord,  and from the passage above we would see how God asked Isaiah whom shall I send? Prior to that question Isaiah said he was unfit because he was a man of unclean lips, but grace and mercy made him fit for the service.  One of the things that limits the extent an individual to be a vessel of honour is walking in flesh and not in spirit. When you walk/work in flesh thinking its all about charisma and all you might not be able to do the work God wants you to do. Sin is a reproach it disguises itself and can actually limit a man from being used by God.

Having said that acknowledging that we are unfit without the Holy Spirit is the key to a fruitful service to God. Remember we are just ordinary as Isaiah but His special grace makes us extraordinary and gives us power to do supernatural things far above our thoughts. Isaiah humbled himself for God to use him, humility is essential in any plan to ascend to greater heights. I pray that God will give us grace to humble ourselves and we will not be too heavy for God to carry in Jesus name.

God is ready to use us but are we willing to be an instrument for divine use? Looking at men and women of God that God is using they all had a time when they could hardly stand but God's grace was and is there for them because they abandon themselves in the Lord. God can use you effectively if you still see yourself at work instead of seeing God at work.

It's not until you are ordained to take a title that you become a vessel for God He choose you even before you knew Him because He is the Alpha and Omega. Don't harden your heart release yourself for Him today totally.

As we wait on the Lord today I urge us to humble oursleves and ask God to use us individually and as a group. When God is involved the Holy Spirit directs. That is when we will see that we never thought of starts dropping into our minds and the ability to do His will in a glorious way is endowed on us. The Lord knows our capabilities,  even our availabilities He needs us to acknowledge that He wants to use us so we can use that little in us to command great things. Remember He is our strength and He is the orchestrator of time so He knows how to work things around for us in a way that through our salvation we will serve Him and populate Heaven yet live a life that glorifies Him. May we never abandon our calling and may we not be replaced in Jesus name amen.

Let us pray:

Father I thank you for the opportuinity to partake in this waiting period in Jesus name.

Father as I wait today grant me strength to wait in a godly way in Jesus name.

Father I am here use me for greater works in Jesus name.

My father purify me and take away what is unfit and make me fit for divine service in Jesus name.

Oh Lord I want more of you in my life increase my capacity in you in Jesus name.

Father take me to the next level you want us to go to in Jesus name.

Lord release divine inspiration upon every member of Be Inspired in Jesus name.

Thank you Lord for answered prayer in Jesus name amen.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...