Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 June 2020

Don't make others stumble

Esthers Prayer and Fasting 10th June 2020

Song

You're not a man oh
You're not a man oh
You're the God who open doors no man can shut
You're not a man oh
You're not a man oh
You're the God of everything no one like you

No one like you Jesus 
No one like You
No one Like You Eze 
No one like You
No one like You abba father
No one like You
No one like You my father
No one like master
You're the God of everything No one like You


*Text:* Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God. So let’s stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.
Romans 14:12‭-‬13 NLT

Glory be to God for another day to pray and fast. I pray God will hear all our petition and grant our desires according to His will.

The song written in this exhortation says something and it resonates it. "God is not a man". If anyone tell you they serve God but reverence Him like He is just a man they are most likely confused.

The Lord almighty is the only one who doesn't answer to any man and it is important we know that as believers.

Looking at the text, it talks about not condemning anyone or causing anyone to stumble because we will give account to God someday.

We live in a world whereby, some people get good money or pay for putting others down if the story is right or wrong.

It can be done spitefully or legally. Do I mean ratting out evil is wrong no.

What I am saying here is doing things that condemns others or cause them to stumble all because it brings pleasure to you.

The word of God here says we should not be engaged in such because we will give account one day to God over everything.

God sees and knows every secret of any man even when we think it's well hidden it's glaring to Him.

Today I want to admonish us to walk in the path and live our lives in a way that when it comes to giving account to God it will not lead to eternal condemnation but eternal gratification.

God doesn't want us to be separated from Him any longer especially in eternity because the Adamic sin brought man to that level. That is why Jesus came to die for us all. Now imagine after Jesus came to die for someone will you or will I now become a stumbling block to their salvation or even ours.

Many still backbite, harbor unforgiveness, bitterness, engage in false tale bearing and many other things that God frown against.

 Today God is asking us to check ourselves and drop them because He doesn't want us to be eternally separated from Him due to our own lack of irresponsibility or obedience to God as a believer.

I pray that God will enable us to live that life that He wants us to in Jesus name.


Let us pray

King of kings I worship your name and give all praise to you

External rock of ages have mercy on me and forgive me of all my short comings

Lord eternal grant me grace to let go of all habit that will lead to eternal separation between You and I

Lord whatever I have been engaged in, that has led to closed doors over my life today deliver me from them all

Lord let all doors shut against my destiny begin to open according to Your will

Personal Prayer

Thank you Jesus for answered prayers 


No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...