Search This Blog

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Power Of Ressurection

POWER OF RESURRECTION


(Two little girls are seen talking on the stage)

Shannon: You are so lucky Alexis your parent are so lovely and your house is so peaceful i always look forward to visit you.
Alexis: i know right. My parents are so cool and they are believers as well. They make it easy for me to approach them.
Shannon : (responds sadly) my parents are so annoying, they fight every day on silly things. I never wish to go back home. I just hate them and i will try all my best never to be like them
Alexis: (puts a finger on her lips) how can you say that. Let's pray for them. Lord Jesus come into Shannon's family and let your peace reign in Jesus name
(they both left the stage)
                             (15years later)

(Two ladies come on the stag arguing)

Alexis: i can't believe how much you have changed in the past 15years. Tell me what is going on with you apart from your unending party life. (she smirks)
Shannon: ( quickly picks a call on her mobile) " yes i will be at the party, pick me up on your way from the other party okay. Bye girlfriend"
Sorry that was my friend she knows everyone in town and she calls me to the hottest parties. I love to enjoy my life by partying.
Alexis: (moves close to her friend),how long are you going to party for? You are not getting young, you have good career and you are doing well. When are you going to settle down and do something better with your life?
Shannon: (angrily) ever since you came here for your holiday you have been pestering me on what i am doing with my life. Soon you are going to start with Jesus this and that like i care. Just let me be please i cant wait for you to go. Don't even think of extending your stay

Alexis: (speaks softly ) you don't have to talk like that. You sound so bittered. What is the matter? Have i done anything wrong tell me?
Shannon: (gets angry and threw her bag down) Yes i am bittered, i am angry and i am disappointed. Not at you or anyone but God. Where was God when my parents divorced mum moved far away i never got to see her again i don't know here where about. Dad got hooked up with different ladies (she busted into tears).
On nights when his girlfriends are absent he comes to my room and just have his way. I endured 9 years of sexual abuse from my own father. I aborted 5 pregnancies, i mean 5 pregnancies.. for my own father in the process i lost my womb where was God or where is God?
I can't even think of marriage because my selfish father infected me with HIV where was God? You sit here preaching to me because you have never experienced hard times like i have, you have a pleasant life. I don't want to have anything to do with God let me live life as i want to.

Alexis: oh my God, i never knew you went through all this. My life has not been all glorious as you may think i have had serious ups and down if not for God i would have perish. I know this God so well He said we should come to Him just as we are; broken, battered, disgraced, discouraged just come to him. He will repair you and take you out of the wilderness of life if only you can come to Him.
Shannon: (still in tears) you don't understand, infact you can't understand. I am dead to some emotions because my consistent pain has numb it.
Alexis: (hugs) let Jesus heal that pain, would you?
Shannon: (in tears) yes
Alexis: (pray a prayer of repentance for her friend) let us go to bed.
Shannon: no i will sleep here don't worry (Alexis leaves the stage) (she looks up in tears) oh God if indeed you are there i need you this very hour my friend said you are the present help in times of need please help me (she fell asleep on the stage)
(an angel comes on the stage with new white sheet. Clean lady S takes away her blemish and cover her with white clothe then leaves the stage after waking up)
Shannon: oh my God i overslept (rushed out of the stage)


                                (4years later)
Alexis: (on the stage looking excited and restless) oh God! is this the way you work? I can't just wait to see her (she paced up and down)She sounds really happy on the phone
Shannon: (heavily pregnant walks unto the stage)
(her friend helped her to carry her bag and offer her a seat) i know you will be surprised after four years of total silence from my side. (touches her belly and rubs it with her hand) i have some athletes in there they are kicking so well (smiles)

Alexis: my ears are itching to hear your testimony how did this happen?
Shannon: (picks her phone spoke to her husband briefly then continue having conversation with her friend) after that day you led me to Christ, i decided to change my ways. It wasn't easy but i found out about His grace and i tapped into it. I met my husband on one of my visit to the hospital for the HIV management. After two years in Christ and total surrender to Him i became HIV negative. My husband was the one that gave me the good news of being HIV- . He was the doctor on call that day i got the goodnews. I offered to take him out for a drink, from that day we became friend.  Days ran into months and a year later he proposed and we got married (show off her ring) 7 months down the line a womb-less woman is expecting twins. Now i run a charity for wounded heart basically for anyone dealing with  any form of emotional abuse holding them back from moving on in life and its doing well by God's grace.

Alexis: (kneels down/rolls on the floor) God, great God! I told you He cares and He can heal you am so happy for you.
Shannon: i need to spend a penny where is the toilet(she leaves the stage to go to toilet)
Alexis:  When God wanted to call Moses He made sure He had his whole attention when the fire was burning in the Bush, He made sure His voice came directly from the burning bush to captivate Moses's attention then God spoke through the fire.
The children of Israel initially didn't arrive at Egypt as slaves but free men, change of power kept them in slavery but God's divine help made Moses's journey to the palace to become a background Knowledge he needed for him to lead Israel out of Egypt. Divine help of God can come from anywhere but to receive it we must be willing to let go and start with fresh water. May God send help to us everywhere we need one in Jesus name.

Shannon: you are right, one thing i have come to understand about God is, no matter how bad a situation gets, He can turn that bad to a channel where good things come from. In John 11:1-44 He did not raise Lazarus up until he had spent 4days in the tomb and when He did it, He specified by calling LAZARUS death had no choice but to release lazarus back to life. Jesus Christ Himself has the power of resurrection in His name, His word and His blood. If He can do it for me bringing back to life what is medically impossible. There is nothing as good as knowing who this God is, understanding His power and never doubting Him no matter what.
Alexis: (started singing) Glorious God, Beautiful king, Excellent God we bow before your throne, bow before your throne, worship at your feet, bow before your throne. You are the glorious God.....




The above short story is to encourage someone out there that God is not a man, He doesn't remove His love from us. He loved us even before we were born, no matter what your situation is past or present trust God to see you through. Also if you see a friend going down the wrong lane don't judge the person pray for them and be a blessing to others. 

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...