Search This Blog

Monday 18 November 2013

Romans 12:1

My understanding of
Romans 12:1 - Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Anytime I read that verse, I ask myself am I presenting my body as a living sacrifice. Wao! how can a sacrifice live?
A sacrifice is something dead or something you leave for the use of an higher authority without questioning the authority.
So if my body should be a living sacrifice, I have to give my all without holding back yes. I must not hold back anything that includes my academics, skills, finance, strength, word of mouth, thought,  mode of dressing, mode of eating, mode of drinking, my house/shelter, my family.
I bet someone is thinking hmm! is that part of it.
From my perspective it is. What are the things that makes your body function, diet, good shelter, money is needed for somethings, your family and friends for companionship, academics for knowledge, wisdom, power and authority. So you see why I mentioned all that.

Nothing must be held back. He is coming and he will reward everyone accordingly. If you hold back you will get hold back reward. If you give your all you will get all the rewards, if you refuse to give anything you will not get any reward.

Deep! It now goes further that it must be holy ah! How can I be holy as human when I am prune to fall? Recently I got to understand that holiness is from the inside. So it is not playing holy but being holy as in raw material. Then the finish product of holiness is Righteousness that is what manifest outside. So Holiness birth righteousness not eye service.��

Oh Lord, then it must be acceptable. Remember Abel and Cain the Children of Adam and Eve. Abel gave an acceptable offering unto God but Cain gave an unacceptable offering. What is acceptable before God? My answer is whatever is done according to the will of God without subtraction or addition is acceptable before God.
His words says Righteouness, peace, joy in the Holy Ghost is the kingdom of God so for anything to be acceptable it must meet those criterias.
His grace is sufficient for us and we can do all things through Christ that Strengthen  us.

Then it said which is your reasonable service, so our service to God must be thought through and be in the order He wants.

God is the God of orderliness, you can't play hide and seek with God because He is Omnipresent.

Whatever we find ourselves doing for the Lord do it well. To whom  much is given, much is expected.

Lord grant us grace to give a worthy service to you in Jesus name amen. 

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...