Search This Blog

Thursday 28 March 2013

In the wilderness 3

I thought about the dream all day, Many of the old inmates tried to be friends with me, some saw me as threat and some threatened to slit my throat.

I felt like I was paying for my sins not just the murder of Jordan and Jessica or the harm I did to Phillips.
All my past sins are catching up with me now. Oh what a shame!

At exactly two years of being in Prison, my family visited. To my surprise Philip came as well. Although mum never stopped writing to me every week. She sent books in for me, she sent a Bible to me as well and pictures of the family. I wrote back to tell her about all I was doing. There in the prison, I did my A levels and passed excellently with distinctions.

I applied for a University course to study Medical Science and surgery through the distant learning programme available.In two years, I have been moved to three prisons. This was because I was less threat now and my progress was very impressive.

On the day of visit, I was not sure of how to appologise to Phillips.When I came out my Sister who has become a solicitor had tears in her eyes the little one has grown up. We all hugged.

Phillip hugged me personally then I appologised and he said "Son I have forgiven you long before now, I am to blame as well because I let you down as a father but we must move on from the past".

It was as if nothing happened prior to their visit. Esmeralda (my Sister the solicitor) said she had filled an appeal on my behalf. She said although the chances of my freedom was thin but she is ready to give it all it takes.

Chelsea told me of her secondary school and how she was the best student in class. She asked me a question that touched me and it was  "When are you coming home kingsley?" I told her I am not sure but with God all things are possible. She answered and said that is Matthew 19:26 "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

I felt so relieved seeing my family after what seemed like a century.
The inmates now call me the good boy instead of Kingsley. It's terrible to be behind the bars, I saw inmates killing each other increase in drug use. I struggled with my addiction when I first got to to prison but I was eventually delivered from it.

Some ministers of God came to preach at the second prison I was and they led me to Jesus Christ. Although mum's part in my salvation was major, she sent gospel journals to me. I piled them up for about 3months after being in Prison before I could read one. A friend and fellow inmate was murdered and that was my wake up call. Before the incident happened to him, he preached about Jesus telling people to accept Him and not give up on themself. One day, a fellow inmate Kelvin also known as devil's string just walked up to him and stabbed him to death. I was so scared that day, I did not want to die. Then that night I started going through the journals mum sent to me and one was about life after death and eternal life.

I prayed the prayers at the back but I still prayed for peace.After knowing Christ Jesus, I made sure I went to the church in the Prison because that was the only place I felt joy and peace.I played the guitar there because I could play it from school days.

Any time I played the guitar I sang a song one of the Ministers thought me and it goes thus;
Amazing Grace by John Newton

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
was blind, but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
and grace my fears relieved;
how precious did that grace appear
the hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils, and snares,
I have already come;
'tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
and grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me,
his word my hope secures;
he will my shield and portion be,
as long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
and mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess, within the veil,
a life of joy and peace.

When we've been there ten thousand years,
bright shining as the sun,
we've no less days to sing God's praise
than when we first begun.

I hung unto hope that one day the grace of God upon me will permit my freedom from prison. I wish I could turn the hand of time and erase my past but I understand that Jesus Christ paid the Price for me on the Cross of Calvary.

I carried on with my distant learning. It's now my 6th year of in prison, I am 28years old now. Esmeralda wrote to me that an appeal has been granted and the hearing will take place soon that I should be prayerful.

My prayer life has improved and I engage in regular fasting growing spiritually.One day during my fasting and prayer a Bible passage dropped to my mind and it was Isaiah 25:4-5,7-9 KJV
"For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall. Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low. And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord ; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation".

The Bible passage got me thinking, I meditated on it and I used it to pray. I prayed that God should expose and disgrace all strangers causing afflictions in my life both physically and spiritually. Before going to bed that night I prayed to God and praised Him. I also gave thanks in advance for answered prayer.

My dream.
I had the continuation of the dream I had some years back.I saw myself walking in the wilderness.I was tired but not ready to give up then I saw the stranger that took my horse. I requested for my horse but he just shouted at me. He said you shall continue to toil and it will not yield.I responded you are a liar. I am a child of the Most High God and His word says in Isaiah 65:23 KJV "They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord , and their offspring with them". I turned to the stranger and said enough of your deceit. You are not my God or maker so this day I claim back my lost glory.
The word of God says in Obadiah 1:17 KJV "But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions."

Stranger I have come to possess my possession give me my horse now. He laughed so loud my ears was almost blocked with the sound. He replied "you willingly handed your horse to me and you willingly entered this wilderness. I have monitored you since the begining of your existence on earth but you gave in to me willingly. It is not possible to let go. Remember the great book said that the thief comes to steal, kill and destroy. I have stolen from you, I am killing your destiny gradually and my main goal is to destroy you which is very soon.

I became so uneasy and in pain then I quoted Romans 8:1-2 KJV"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." Stranger I am not under the law I am redeemed bought and set free with the blood of the lamb. Stranger your time is up in my life because the Bible say in Philippians 2:10-11 KJV "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." In Jesus name I am free.

It was like I sent a missile bomb, stranger was engulfed in fire and I never saw him again. Then I saw a way out of the wilderness. My horse was tied down it looked thirsty. Out of no where I saw a river, I took my horse there it drank and was strenghtened. I got on the horse and rode so fast shouting halleluyah to the Lord God Omnipotent. I woke up shouting Halleluyah.

I felt a bit disappointed because I was still in prison but I stood up and praised God for breakthrough. A month later the hearing for my appeal took place and I was set free. Oh my! The Lord is Unlimited I believe. I had no chance of being free but God set me free.

Life outside was so different, spending six years in prison was not a joke but my life changed whilst there for better. I still had to follow some rules for some months which I managed to obey.

Three years after my release, I became a surgeon to the glory of God.

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...