Search This Blog

Thursday 28 March 2013

In the wilderness 2

I asked her about Phillips, she said he was in a stable condition in the hospital.

We were unable to talk for long as the visiting time was up.

I was charged to court on two counts of murder and one count of grievous bodily harm.

In the court room, Jessica's mum was there and some family and friends. It was such an emotional experience. I was asked to confirm my name and date of birth which I did. The day I was charged to court was my 22nd birthday. One of the lawyers was my class mate whom I used to help with his studies back in secondary school days.

I was filled with remorse not because of the charges but because I have wasted my oppotunity. I remember saying to Dola(lawyer) back in secondary school days that" don't worry I will become your doctor whilst you become my solicitor when we grow up" but now I was a criminal. What a turn around of shame, termination of purpose and ruin I am in.

The judge thought I was remorsefull because of my offence, even the juries were pitying me. How I got to this place in life was not clear to me. Where was my ambition, my gift and knowledge. Oh my! I blew the opportunity I had.

I was sentenced to 28years in prison.

On getting to the prison, I blocked my mind totally and vouched to make things right even behind bars.
Prison is another world on its own. The first night in the prison I had the strangest dream ever.

My dream...

I saw myself riding on a horse all dressed in white robe and looking happy. As I was riding a traffic warden came and said, the road ahead is too far but there is a short cut round there pointing to a road on the right. I said but my horse will not fit into the space and it does not look like there is much light like where I am presently. He said you can leave your horse here I will bring it along to meet you at the other end. I agreed without thinking. I took the road he showed me living my horse behind. As I went through the road it grew darker and darker my robe got torn because of the thorns on the trees. I eventually lost my robe in the darkness. It was a wilderness so dark and damp. I kept walking, I became thirsty but there was no water not even rainfall maybe I could at least open my mouth to get a drop. I was sweating and gasping for air. I was woken up by the announcement in the prison wing I was placed.

I was placed in the wing of the dangerous inmates.  I was troubled by the dream......

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...