Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 June 2012

why do you sing?

There is a difference between singing and singing with reason.
Many people sing all sort of songs just to exercise their mouth or to feel among or tick the box of knowing a song.
Singing with reason is found in praises.


What is the reason behind your song.
Do you sing because of circumstance?
Do you understand the lyrics of the song(s) you are singing?


Psalms95:1-2" come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the ROCK OF OUR SALVATION. Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song".


Do you wait till you get to the place of worship before you sing to God or do you wait for that miracle before you sing?


Psalms 150:6" let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord".
Why do you sing. Are you a conditional singer/praiser or an unconditional one? 
As much as you see the sunshine and blue sky. The nature around you engage in singing unto the Lord and give praise.
Conditional praiser pinch youself did you pay to do that? Even if you do still give thanks and praise unto God.


You are not that good in praises but you are an encyclopedia when its circular song you mix and remix. The passion you have for those circular song use it for God's praise and see the difference.


Oh yes you sing so well infact you lead people in place of worship. Do you do it from your heart as in do you mean the songs you sing or you just entertain. Think about it.
Well done you. You have reason(s) why you sing and that's to appreciate your maker when you have and when you don't. When all roads are blocked and a window is left opened. When all chances are slim. When you have been let down. Even when it seem like God cant do it. Even when the deadline is near or has come and gone and you are yet to find a way out. 
YOU HAVE A REASON TO PRAISE GOD.
I HAVE A REASON TO PRAISE GOD.


A song says.
Someone asked a question 
Why do we sing
When we lift our hands to Jesus 
What do we really mean
Someone may be wondering
When we sing our songs
At times we may be crying and nothing is even wrong.


I sing because i'm Happy
I sing because i'm free
His eye is on the sparrow and that is the reason why I sing..
Glory Halleluyah Jesus is the reason why I sing.


Sparrow is a small bird but the phrase "His eye is on the sparrow" explains the importance of all creatures at God's sight. It is also used to explain God's kindness and love towards us.


So why do you sing?
I sing not to get something from my Creator but because I am created to worship Him.
I am alive and kicking another reason why I sing.
My voice box is still working I wont stop singing.
Behold His beauty and wonders is evident in my life I will sing.
I will shout, I will praise and I will worship my king.


Have a genuine Reason to sing Praises unto God..


I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever I will sing of the mercies of the lord. With my mouth will I make known thy Faithfulness to all generations...


Sing with godly Reasons.....

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...