Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 June 2012

God determines your future its not your past that determines it....

Genesis19:26" But Lot's wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt".(NIV)

Its unbelieveable at times when as human we find it hard to let go of our past.
Even when at times we either pray it hadn't happen and crave for a better future.
Lot's wife is a good example of not being able to let go of our past and certain things even when God has better promises and things for our future.
She couldn't let go and because of her indecision,she turned to a Pillar of salt.

What are you holding unto in your past that God request you drop it?
Even when God had granted Lot's family unmerited mercy because of Abraham she was so entangled in her past unsure of what God had for them in the future. She looked back and got the repercussion instantly..

Are you still stuck in your past?
What are those things that kept you glued to your past.
We are lucky in the days we live now because the grace of Jesus Christ our Lord is sufficient.
Because of this we get away with things that in the days of Bible carried instantenous purnishment.
You might be unaware of what is holding you down in your past; it can be your thoughts, your attitude,your choice of lifestyle,music,cultural values that are contrary to God's will and way for you.

Roman7:14-20" we know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual,sold as slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it's no longer I myself who do it,but the sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me,that is, in my sinful nature. For I have desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do;no, the evil I do not want to do this I keep doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do,it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it".(NIV)

At times we human do things in response to the sinful nature. We aim to please God but that sinful nature hinders us and we act against the will of God for us.

What is in your past that keeps drawing you away against the will of God. What is it you can't let go?

2Corinthians5:17" therefore,if any one is in Christ, he is a new creation;the old has gone and the new has come!".(NIV)

When you are redeemed and you want to stay focused you have to drop the heavy duty bags of the past that weighs you down from being righteously active for the present or preparing for the future.

Have a deep thoughts now about that thing that keeps you glued to your past, is it your choice of friend,your career,your lifestyle? You've got to let go of your past and move on.
Satan will always lie to you by using different means to discourage you, but be strong and bold to stand firm in your believe and trust God wholeheartedly for the best.

Hanging unto the past can bring stagnation,being barren in a fruitful environment,being hopeless,distress,depression,failure and so on. You have to brace yourself in Hope through the word of God.
Forgive yourself about your past and try to forget by seeking the grace to do so from God.

Stop allowing your past to dictate or determine your present life or future.
When God says move on. Do not wait a minute to question His order and do not look back at your past.
Obey the order by moving on.

Move out of your comfort zone to the Godly comfort and you will not experience discomfort because God is the greatest Comforter..
Lpj 2:00am 19/6/2012


No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...