Search This Blog

Thursday 17 January 2013

I've got Potentials 2

Grandma came in whilst we were talking and she said she heard our discussions. With her were some drawings I drew as a child which I sent to her. She had them neatly framed. I was surprised because I could not even remember. She read one of the  poems that had someone sitting and looking up to the sky with a speach box that says
"my dream is not just about what I see when I sleep. My dream is what is inside of me deep down, it can not be stolen from me because it's uniquely mine. I will pursue my dream so it won't just be a dream but reality".

I love my grandma she is a great woman. My role model, how I wish she was my real mum.
Selma is a very emotional lady, she well up in tears even when a little child cries. Her dad owns an Auction company so she promised to show some of my works to her dad.

It was during summer break that year, I had just gone for a routine check on my legs, even though my mobility was limited but my limbs were not thin.The consultant I saw said there are still chances of me walking again. I thought he was joking. I told him I have been on the wheelchair close to a decade but he insisted that by putting metal plates in some part of my Knee and ankle coupled with professional Physiotherapy I will walk again.  This News came as a shock back home the doctor said I will never walk again If the required operation was not carried out. Due to lack of funds Dad couldn't meet up with the bills and deadline given. Here I am now in front of another surgeon, he is the best in town, he says I still have chances to walk again is it a joke?

When we got home that night, I and grandma prayed. When dad got back we told him, he was joyous. He said "I knew God would not leave or forsake me and my family. I held on to him even when my hands felt slippery and his words for me always is in Psalm 34:8-10 NIV "Taste and see that the Lord  is good;blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. Fear the Lord , you his holy people,
for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who seek the Lord  lack no good thing". At last God is showing me that my waiting time were not just wasted time.

At this point I thought dad was becoming sentimental, I shouted dad stop it! It's just a way to raise my hope how are we sure it will work. Dad just smiled and said Precious Iyanuoluwa Badmus the daughter of Theophilus Jenrola Badmus. This wont just be a raising of hope it will work to favour you in Jesus name. Grandma shouted amen.

The next day Selma was the one that woke us up it was a saturday and dad was off work. When grandma opened the door Selma quickly greeted her beaming with joy,she said her dad had agreed to put up some of my work for auction.Even though it was the least on my mind I felt like a page was opened in the book of rememberance before God and all he could see or do was to bless me with overflowing blessings. Who am I God that you are mindful of me? I spoke to Selma's dad on the phone and we scheduled a time for appointment.

Later that day Tanya called to say her dad wanted to buy some of my artworks minimum of a £1000 for each. I felt joy inside of me and for the first time over a decade something miraclous happened to my toes..

I felt movement in my toes, I screamed for grandma to come and again my toes moved. Grandma just started rolling on the floor, she kept saying, unbeatable, unquestionable, reliable, deliverer, counsellor she was praising God both in English and our mother tongue. I got my phone to call dad because he left for the gym not too long ago but he did not pick his phone. I called about 3times but it kept going to voice mail. I left a message for him to call me as soon as possible that it was urgent. Grandma called him as well but he did not pick his phone still. I became restless but my faith stood firm that he was alright.

At around 8:00pm Dad arrived,he said he left his phone upstairs in his room. He said he met an old colleague at the shopping mall where he went shopping. He said the friend insisted he visit his family because he lives on the street leading to the town centre but he forgot to call thinking his phone was in his gym bag. He only realised he left his phone when his friend requested to speak to me on the phone. I was a bit upset but happy that he was ok. Grandma told dad what happened to my toes and he could not believe it until he saw them moving. Dad got his camcorder to record my miraclous toes movement.

A week  later a letter came through the post from the consultant. It said that the recent scan showed that my chances of walking again was 88.9% so I will need to come for surgery the next wednesday which is the nearest available date.

My Dream come true..
After about 15hours of Surgery, I lay on the hospital bed waiting for a dream that will either keep me going or be a plus to the hand of God I had been expetiencing for the past two months. Dad was there as usual and so was grandma. The Surgeon came in looking at  us, without wasting our time he said CONGRATULATIONS PRECIOUS THE OPERATION WAS SUCCESSFUL. YOU JUST NEED TO HEAL UP AND START PHSIOTHERAPY SO YOUR LEGS BECOME AS GOOD AS POSSIBLE. Halleluyah was all I could say going into the Theathre that day I dread every doubt that came to my mind. I asked God to take over the hands of the surgeon and all the medical staff. My God is abundantly able.

My physio sessions was not as easy as I thought but I put my all into it. I was determined to walk again. One day whilst I was at the physo session with my friends Tanya and Selma. I now  see these two girls(Tanya&Selma) as my sisters and family now. Even though we differ in race we understand each other so well. A man came in, he looked so old and depressed, he was a one leg amputtee. I kept looking at him and when his children came in, I thought they were just sisters but the resemblance kept reminding me of my Mother I don't know why.

Then My Mum came in, hmm! how time flies the last time I saw her I was just approaching age 11. She looked more beautiful I must commend but I was not in the mood to introduce myself or to give away any clue of recognition. My Physiotherapist came in on time thank goodness! She said I was doing well with my legs so I can do away with the zimmer Frames now but I still need to Use the Crutches.She was busy with her children and husband I suppose. I said thank you to the Physiotherapist and left. Even though I was using Crutches to walk, Tanya and Selma saw that My footsteps were fast.

Selma wanted to know why I was in a hurry.I just gave excuse that I wanted to get home early and rest. They both laughed at me and asked if I was going to run home on Crutches which we all laughed.The journey home felt too far,I pretended to have dosed off so I wont have to explain anything to them. Tanya was saying to Selma since they thought I was sleeping, She said "the Lady that came in with the two girls was staring at Precious". She said she wanted to ask why the stare and to tell her staring was rude but since I was in a haste she thought it was not necessary.

I tried my best for the two weeks  before school resumption not to tell dad or grandma. We all thought she lived in Canada, how come she was in U.K.

My thoughts...
How can I bring myself to forgive this woman, so those girls were the pregnancy she had when she left? Why was she staring at me,did she recognize me or was it my voice? I will make sure I change my physiotherapy session to another place so I wouldn't come across her ever again. This is a woman who did not just leave me, her family never bothered to check on me. Even when dad was in need of help before grandma came,they refused to help even when he contacted them. Can I ever relate to her like a daughter to her mother.. Hmmmm! I doubt it.

I was deep in my thought not knowing grandma was by my side until she tapped my shoulder. Grandma said she noticed that I have been in thoughts for some days to the extent that I lose awareness of my surrounding. She wanted to know what the problem was but I did not say anything.

Grandma said...
Are you thinking of Gloria, I pretended not to understand what she meant. I said which Gloria and she said your mother. I said why should I? Grandma said I should be free to tell her my worries but I insisted there was none.

Back to my final year of studies, I had a lot to do so I decided to put my Artwork auctioning to the 3rd saturdays. I am gaining more confidence day by day in my mobility.

One day in the library whilst studying a young lady who's face looks familiar said hello while she sat on a chair close to mine. Tanya was writting exams while Selma went to get lunch for us. I said hello and looked at her, I recognised her immediately. She introduced herself as Pelola Gideon while I introduced myself as Precious omitting my surname on purpose.She said she had seen some of my artwork at the auction and my poems. I just thanked her hoping that Selma will arrive on time.....


No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...