Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 January 2013

I've got Potentials 3

Just as I hoped, Selma saved the day  by showing up. I introduced them to each other. Pelola said she was a media and Journalism Student. She was born in Canada but moved to U.K. 3years ago. She wanted to be friends with me,she gave me her mobile number and requested for mine but I gave an excuse that my mobile was bad at the time so I gave her Selma's number instead. She told us she had a twin sister called Pinleola Gideon who is a student of thesame University as I was and she was studying  Clothing and Textile. I just nodded and wished she left but Selma got into conversation with her for the next 30minutes then she left. Though she apologised for disturbance which we said it was ok.

Selma said she liked her,she suggested she could be of help to us by publicising my work for the next students skills and talent day coming up in the community centre.I promised to think about it but seriously,I just wanted to stay clear off Gloria(my mum and her family).

My final exams came it was a busy time for me by then I was walking on my own.I came out in flying colours in my exams glory to God.
Selma and Tanya had put my name down for the Student skills and Talent show at the community centre before they told me. I was not interested in it because the auctioning was doing well. I have done some new artworks and also written a poetry book. I was waiting for the launching of the book.

I felt so reluctant to go for the Students skill and Talent day but Dad and Grandma encouraged me. Although Grandma kept pestering me to discuss my worries but I did not know where to start or what to say. So I put on a brave face, Grandma followed me to the Student's Skills and Talent day. Dad could not because he was working away from home that weekend.

The Skills and Talent day was eventful and successful. I came home with two awards. Selma and Tanya followed me home later. Grandma invited Pelola and Pinleola to dinner that evening. When she heard that they helped to put my work and my name up for nomination she felt obliged to show appreciation.
At dinner everything went peaceful we all enjoyed. Grandma requested that the Twins invited their friends and family to my book launching which was the following week although I hesitated at first but Pelola said their mum liked my works that she had shown her and their mum will love to meet me. I wonder why!

I could not hold my thoughts to myself anymore. I told grandma that I saw my mum and who the twins were. She did not seem surprised about me seeing my mum because apparently she saw her one day at the shopping centre when she went shopping but Mum did not see her. She told me that my life can be related to the Bible verse that says in Acts 4:11 (KJV)"This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner".
You are the Cornerstone Precious, you will always be the head in Jesus name amen. You need to let go of your hurts towards your mother remember God has been Good to you so don't hold any resentment towards your mother.

That night in bed I was restless, the hurt of what my mum did to Dad and I came back fresh to my memories. I cried that night and I just wanted God to help me because I could not handle it as human.

My dream...
I saw myself with my tutor from University Professor Borough, we were walking down a road together the road at first had hills but he helped me when I was tired. He held my hands till we got to a smooth road where we walked side by side and My tiredness was fading away. He showed me some of my works which he said I was doing well. He insisted I had to press on to the next level when I decided to sit with what I have. As we approached a gate labelled with next level he went in as he always do but as I was approaching a force pulled me back saying I need to empty the dirty bags I have been carrying all along. I refused to do it because I said the dirts were part of me and letting go is not easy. He said if I don't the forces wont stop pulling me back from entering the next level gate which was God's plan for me. I was adamant in the dream gradually I got pulled back to the begining. That was when I decided to drop the dirt  after which I covered the journey and went through the next level gate but it seem like eternity unlike when I started the journey with my Tutor. At the enterance of th gate this Scriptures were written bold.
Ephesians 4:26-27 KJV"Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil".  1 Peter 3:9 KJV "Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing".
This was when I woke up. I told grandma my dream. Which she said God requested that I forgive my mother and let God have his way in me.

My book Launch.....
Dad invited his colleagues from work, church members came,grandma's friends came. My friends and course mates were present. It was successful, the twins(Pelola and Pinleola) came with their mum.
when the time came  for the twins to introduce their Parents to me dad was busy attending to some people but grandma was with me. Gloria(my mum) by now knew who I was but she could not excuse herself from the programme.

When the twins introduced their mum, mum's eyes was filled with tears as she said "Congratulations  Precious you are indeed a bunch of talent" That was when Dad joined us. He was so surprised but composed. He said Hello Gloria thanks for coming.  The twins were confused but happy. They asked dad if he knew their mum and My dad said very well.  My mum felt so ashamed till they left.

When we got home dad asked me how Mum got there which I told him. He wept for joy saying Precious she gave up on you but I never did. I knew you are precious as your name implies. Daughter as a man I struggled to keep my emotions. I pray in my secret and God answered me openly. Your achievement is an evidence that God is at work. As he was going to his room, He turn to look at me and said "You must forgive her".

It's been three weeks since my book launch and A week since I graduated from University. I was busy in the study/studio that dad turned our conservatory to for me. My phone rang but I forgot to check the caller I.D.  It was Pelola on the line. She was remorseful I wonder why. I asked if all was well and she said they lost their dad just two days ago. He passed on in his sleep. I would have known if my friends were around but they were on holiday. I felt so sorry and said comforting words to her. Also I asked how Pinleola was and their mum.

I was surprised when she said you mean our Mum but I did not say anything. She told me how their mum had been depressed for sometime now. How she opened up to them just yesterday the cause of her depression and how she wants me to forgive her for what she did. Also if I can still "accept" her as "my mother". What a life!

Two days after my conversation with Pelola a meeting was scheduled for us all and the meeting point was at my dad's house.

Mum's Plea.....
She said she was guilty of all that happened. She never thought I could walk again or things could get better for dad. She only saw the present and concluded on it. She never thought of the future. The day she saw me at my book Launch walking, she felt like the ground should swallow her. She was very appologetic and remorseful. 
Myself and Dad did not say anything but grandma did all the talking. She said Gloria, you were still in Yaba College of Technology when you met my son. He financed you till you graduated. You moved into his house even before you married him because he was well to do. All warnings that you were a gold digger fell on his deaf hears. When you left Precious and my son I was not surprised because I knew you were not the type that stick to marriage vow "For better for worse".Who are we to judge you,thank God the rejected family is now the Family with Potentials. You are forgiven.

Mum insisted I and dad say we forgive her which we did she was surprised. I also told her to make her way straight with God. Also that she should accept Christ as her Lord and savior and she did. She said she was moving back to Canada with the twins. She requested that the twins stay in our care anytime they resume back to University which we agreed.

Its been two years now since the reunion with mum. She calls often to check on me and say hello to grandma and Dad. One day grandma asked me how I will feel if my dad and mum re-married. I was speechless, though I will not be against it but will dad agree. When he got back fron work he asked me thesame question. I told him if it pleases him afterall am an adult. Deep down inside of me I was happy but what will the twins do?

Six months later after the twin's graduation ceremony. At the after party in the house. Although it was just our family,Dad proposed to mum and she said yes. The twins gave their consent.


No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...