Search This Blog

Saturday 23 February 2013

MY SCARS.

It was a cold night. The temperature had dropped to -6°C. I had two hot water bottles all wrapped up in bed even though the heater was on.
With the hot water bottle and duvet I still felt cold even though my body was warm.
I was dreading to sleep though my eyes were heavy. I had a lot on my mind. I was in this thoughts when I drifted to sleep.
Suddenly I felt someone caressing my body. I knew that touch and feelings. It was one of the reasons I dread to sleep. I was screaming but as usual no help. Till he had his way again. He keeps doing it at least 2 nights a week. I can not believe my own flesh and blood could do this, someone I trusted, He is meant to be my confidant. In his arms  and care I lost my trust for men. He is my father.
I sat up in bed weeping and begging for death to come. I am lonely and lost. This has been going on for 6years. I have never been pregnant for once. I am losing focus on my studies. I am in my final year in college.
My Pschology lecturer is a good friend. She looks after me like I was hers all because I get the best grade in class. After crying, I started contemplating if I should inform Mrs Bass(my Psychology teacher). I can't I started blaming myself for not being strong enough to push him away.
The next morning, he had gone to work left a note for me to make his room tidy as possible as I can because his girlfriend will be visiting and he left €50 for my books. I asked for €35 but he always leaves extra money anytime he has his way. He says its COMPESSATION FEE.
On my way to college I was in deep thought not realising the car coming I nearly got hit. The screeching of the tyre on the road jolted me back to the awareness of my environment. Lynda what's wrong with you, it was Mrs Bass. She took me into her car and drove down to college. I would like you to see me in my office after your exams today. I said ok and left.

I manage to write my exams in the midst of teary eyes. Immediately after my exams I went to Mrs Bass's office. She offered me a sit and her next statement got me startled. "I know you are going through somethings that is affecting you and I want you to confide in me now please". I bursted into tears and told her my dilema she heard me out clearly with an understanding look on her face. By the time I finished Mrs Bass had me in her embrace, she was crying as well. She wanted to inform the Police but I said no because my dad was my only surving family. She encouraged me as she always does but this time she said I need a change in my life. She introduced me to Christ I was adamant at first to accept Him but I eventually accepted Christ as my Lord and saviour.
I was scared my dad would be against my new choice because He was an atheist. Mrs Bass volunteered to follow me home that day I had mixed feelings because my dad hates strangers and barned me from bringing friends home. Mrs Bass insisted and said she will leave if need be when we get there.
On getting home the main door was left unlock I entered and from what I can see his visitor was around. I told my teacher to wait in the lounge. I went ahead to his room unfortunately the door was left opened."He was busy doing his thing" I apologised immediately but he was in a rage, very angry he came after me immediately leaving his visitor in the room. He started shouting at me,calling me names, the next thing he did was to slap me. I quickly ran to my teacher but dad wouldn't have no stranger in his house.
I will never forget that day. He beat both of us(my teacher and I). Then he said,he never want to see me again. That was the day My father threw me out. I begged Mrs Bass not to press charges. She agreed after much plea. She decided to take me in, she was a widow and childless. So I became her child.

Oh! Mrs Bass, she became my mother. My mum died at child birth so I never met her. Through Mrs Bass I knew the Lord. I graduated from college as a child Psychologist also I have a degree in Criminal Law. I am married to a minister of the Lord whom I met during my evangelism trip to the Phillipines.

My journey in life started rough but If it had not been for God who used Mrs Bass for me I never know what would have happened.
I later met dad,whilst working on a case. He abused one of his girlfriend's little sister who reported him and pressed charges against him. I happen to be the child Psychologist working on the case. He is now in jail. I have forgiven him, I do visit him and I have preached the gospel to him. He is changed now and he always seek for my continuous forgiveness anytime I visit him.
The scars of my life reminds me of the past,encourages me in my present days and makes me seek grace from God to grow more in Him. I have not allowed my past to dictate my future. Thank you Jesus.
Psalm 27:9-10 NIV
Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
God my Savior. Though my father and mother forsake me,
the Lord will receive me.
This Bible Chapter and verses are my comforting and encouraging words  since I became born again.

(Please note this story is fiction if there is any similarities to anyone's life. It is just a coincidence).

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...