Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Am I qualified for the assignment 1.

I can't believe what I am seeing or hearing right now.

I Precious Ndumusi-Benson what have I gotten myself into? Arghh! Because of my wants I am compromising my faith Oh my goodness.

"Get out of here you ungrateful soul"(the man shouted at me). I jolted back to reality. I quickly got up and picked my bag running within but walking slowing. What is going on?

I have been married for 7years to a devoted man of God. My husband is the best man in the whole world. He is a caring man, he is everything I want in a man. Although He is not a minister(pastor or Evangelist) but he fears, dilligently seek the Lord and loves the Lord.

We have been waiting on the Lord for a child. Its a trying period for me but my husband is very supportive. He never bothers me, my in-laws are understanding. I am an orphan and an only child. My In-laws take me as theirs, they encourage me always.

I took it upon myself to do whatever it takes to give my husband and my in-laws a Child even though they are not pressurising me but I am the one pressurising myself.
I came across a friend of mine lately Tiffany Pauls. Tiffany and I grew up in the same Orphanage, she was my closest friend. We went to the same Higher Institution. Whilst we were at higher institution Tiffany became so wild. She smoked, slept around with anyone, name it, she changed for the worst. I lost contact with Tiffany when she followed a man to Africa. I thought she was mad. She left a good life Here in Scotland for Africa.

When I met her she had become a witch doctor and was on tore in Scotland. She had lots of followers, she told me all I was going through even before I opened my mouth to talk. I was stunned! She called my name about 10times even though I was in front of her before I came back to myself. It was just surprising me how she had changed. She said she was going back to Africa the next day but gave me a number and said he was one of her disciples and he will take over my case. I called the man the next day and he gave me an appointment.

It was the man that shouted at me to get out that I was ungrateful soul. I thought I was dreaming, a witch doctor disciple calling I a born again Christian an ungrateful soul. An unbeliever correcting a believer. Ahh! I have disappointed God, my husband, family and friends what will they think of me if they hear or see me or my car here.

As I drove out of the drive way of the witch doctor's house I started checking carefully so that no one would see me. My heart was beating fast. I nearly drove past the red light, I had lost concentration, I started asking for forgiveness there and then. I asked God to have mercy on me and lead me through. As I drove into our driveway I saw my husband at the door he looked a bit upset. My heart beat went speedy again.

Questions started coming did he see me. Oh God what will I tell him? I have never lied to my husband what will I tell him? I made up my mind to say the truth. I parked the car and went to him.
Hi sweet(I hugged him). Why do you look upset (my voice was shaky). I am tired, I was so busy today at work. (My husband is a surgeon and he is good at what he does). I forgot my house keys in the car, that was when I realised his car was not in the drive way. Please open the door we can not stay out all night.

When we entered I was determined to tell my husband what I had been up to during the day but he was hungry. I quickly fixed us something to eat. After dinner my husband said he wanted to go to bed so I did not have time to discuss my day with him.
I sat at the dinning table for the next 1hour thinking "ungrateful soul" I?
My husband, what will he say? I love my husband, I love my family, I love God plus I am a choir member. Couple of hours ago I was about to compromise my faith for my want or need in a wrong place.

As I sat there these Bible passages came to my mind ;
2 Corinthians 6:14" do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness".(E.S.V.)
James 4:17" So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it for him it is sin".(E.S.V.)
OH LORD I AM SO SORRY LORD.

I started praying I never knew I had been praying for 2 hours. My husband woke up and heard me praying. He quietly came to join me, he was saying amen to all my prayers.
After praying my confidence boosted and I told my husband what I did and what happened. At first he was disappointed but he forgave me and warned me never to go to such a place again. He was surprised about Tiffany Paul's way of life. He said we should always remember her in prayers that God should deliver her from the shackles of hell because it is only God who can change or save anyone or any soul not man.

It has been two months since I had my witch doctor experience. During breakfast my husband said he saw kids running around our living room I was surprised and I claimed it immediately. Then it dawned on me I have not seen my period for sometimes now. I dont keep the dates anymore. I told my husband and he said I should try to do a test.

After my husband left for work, I did a test with the pregnancy test kit I had at home.
Hmm! me it can't be true The kit reads Positive. I quickly called the surgery to book an emergency appointment I was lucky to get an appointment that day.
I sat anxiously waiting for my name to appear on the screen. As my name did I jumped up, I had mix feelings as I explained to the Nurse why I came. The Nurse looked at me and said I should calm down. She did the test and said congratulations you are pregnant. She gave me the necessary forms and booked my next antenatal class.

As I walked home I could not hold my excitement. I started calling my husband's phone. He was not picking up his phone, he must be busy. As I was about to cross the road I heard someone calling my name.
Alas! it was Tiffany Pauls Oh Lord not today, not again. This girl, an unbeliever who nearly pushed me to compromise my faith oh no. Then A Bible passage came into my heart. Acts 10:38(I quickly checked the Bible app on my phone).
Acts 10:38"How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and  with power: who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him". Ahh but I am not Jesus. More so, I am just a chorister not a preacher. Then I heard the voice clearly " ARE YOU WITH ME OR AGAINST ME? REALEASE YOURSLEF AND I WILL TAKE OVER".

By the time I looked up Tiffany's car was in front of me. Hey! I have been waiting over there for you. What is it you are doing on your phone that took all your attention? She said.

I apologised to her and we got talking, it was whilst we were talking that she told me that the disciple she sent me to had left her because he said he had found light. She was so angry about it. It was then that she asked me what he did when I went there because it was since that day that he said he saw the light and three weeks later he left.

I told her what happened and she said her disciple must have been deluded. She offered to  drop me where I was going but I declined. I gave her a bulleting that was inside my bag. She looked at the front and looked displeased. I told her to keep it, she objected but kept it still.

When I got home that scripture kept ringing in my head. I prayed to God that he should meet Tiffany at the point of her needs. Also I prayed that he should use that Bulletin to touch her but I did not have enough peace within me.

I sat there forgetting to fix dinner or finish my work for the day because I work from home. Ephraim ( my husband) got back at 9pm. He was the one that woke me up. He wondered why I had  my shoes on and looked like I had been somewhere. Why are you sleeping here love(he said) sorry I came back a bit late, there was an emergency today and even though I ought to finish at  6:30pm I couldn't because an extra surgeon was needed. Thank God the surgery was successful. I called your phone but you did not pick up. Sorry love I saw your missed call. Hope all is well, is there anything you want to tell me.

That was when I realised I had put my phone on silent and left it in my bag. I told him the doctor confirmed that I was 4weeks pregnant. My husband busted into praises to God.
He lifted me up like a new wife though I have added a bit of weight it made no difference. He was beaming with joy that was when he noticed I was not that happy. Precious what is wrong with you?(my husband asked). I told my husband about Tiffany and how I.could not preach to her but gave her the bulletin. He encouraged me by saying God will touch and change her but we should always remember Tiffany in our prayers.

2 comments:

Adebukola said...

In truth you have encouraged me and at this moment this message make full sence to me, they are the right words I need to be focus and not distracted by those vanity things of this world. How I wish you can feel the effect your words in my life I'm at the edge of giving in to what‎​​ I know is a sin cause I've waited for ‎​​So long for my miracle but now I know I'm not forgotten and my time will surely come just a little patience is all I need,I might not know but He is working on my behalf.
Thank you Leah and I thank Godfor your life.

Leah Adepehjuh said...

@Adebukola I am happy to read your comment and give thanks to God almighty for using this piece and its words to encourage you in your present situation. I pray He will give you grace to wait and be rest assured God will perfect what He has began in your life in Jesus name. amen

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...