Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Music and My soul

Music and Lyrics....
When we listen to music,
To some its the sound and to some its the Lyrics that ministers so to say to our inner mind or soul..

Believe it or not the music we listen to play some role in our thoughts..

To me the Lyrics matters a lot..
They either transform or deform the listener..

1 Samuel 18:5-9 NIV84 Whatever Saul sent him to do, David did it so successfullythat Saul gave him a high rank in the army. This pleased all the people, and Saul's officers as well. When the men were returning home after David had killed the Philistine, the women came out from all the towns of Israel to meet King Saul with singing and dancing, with joyful songs and with tambourines and lutes. As they danced, they sang: “Saul has slain his thousands, and David his tens of thousands.” Saul was very angry;

Taking the song sang about David and Saul for example, the effect was deforming in the life of Saul. Although Saul had his own selfish ambition towards David but that song increased and stared the enviness he had towards David.

So when you listen to songs don't just listen what does the lyrics say..
What does the lyric do to your soul..

Whatever song that draws you away from your maker will eventually deform your soul if you permit it.

2 Chronicles 5:12-14 NIV84"All the Levites who were musicians—Asaph, Heman, Jeduthun and their sons and relatives—stood on the east side of the altar, dressed in fine linen and playing cymbals, harps and lyres. They were accompanied by 120 priests sounding trumpets. The trumpeters and singers joined in unison, as with one voice, to give praise and thanks to the Lord . Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, they raised their voices in praise to the Lord and sang: “He is good; his love endures forever.” Then the temple of the Lord was filled with a cloud, and the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the temple of God".

From the scripture above we can understand that music that ministers divinely into us glorifies God and the glory of God will show forth.

Whatever song that draws you close to your maker will eventually transform your soul if you permit it.

Singing:
Draw me close to you
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear me say that I'm your friend
You are my desire
No one else will do
Nothing else could take your place
To feel the warmth of your embrace
Help me find my way
Bring me back to you..

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know you are near.

What is that music or song doing to your soul you ought to know.
Stay Blessed

No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...