Search This Blog

Thursday 16 August 2012

A contrite Heart.

Pride Hinders repentance. Without repentance, there can not be restoration. God loves a broken and contrite heart.
Sometimes, human being thinks they are There..
Knowing it all page to page; chapter to chapter.
Alas you know all that but you are far from the truth.

A contrite heart must be broken and filled with repentance at thesame time. There must  be a solid partnership between the brokeness and repentance of such heart to make it contrite.
We claim to know God so much but we violate His commands. We twist His word to fit our human thoughts and need thus ignoring the truth of His word.

The Bible says Pride goes before a fall (Proverbs16:18). Every individual has an iota of pride in them but dwelling wholly on it is the begining of such individual's fall.
Little things we often ignore but accept to be part of our individuality might be the iota of pride within us.

Some even paint a humble personality but within them, they are miles away from Humility.
The writer of this piece is not exempted from the truth of this piece. It can be unbelieveable to accept that, that thing you cling on saying its "Just Me" is actually what might lead to your fall.

Perfection can only be seen in God.

A contrite heart, Can God work on a heart that is not contrite/broken?
From my perspective, a heart that is not ready to give out can not receive. To be broken you must let go certain things. Letting go those things will give God room to work.  In the process of letting go, you must allow the truth to stand and repent of deceit and unfaithfulness that can hinder repentance and brokeness.

Luke15:17-22"At last he came to his senses and said, all my father's hired workers have more than they can eat and here I am about to starve! I will get up and go to my father and say Father, I have sinned against God and against you; I am no longer fit to be called your son; treat me as one of your hired worker. so he got up and started back to His father. He was still a long way from home when His father saw Him; his heart was filled with pity and he ran, threw his arms around his son and kissed him. Father the son said i have sinned against God and against you. I am no longer fit to be called your son. But the father called his servants. Hurry! he said bring the best robe and put it on him put a ring on his finger and shoes on his feet".( Good News Bible Total English Version).

The prodigal child started off with pride demanding for his inheritance but he did nothing good with it. when he realises and came to his senses. He became broken and filled with repentance. It was when his heart became contrite that he let go and seek His father. His father took him by suprise, he accepted him and changed his clothe of shame to an acceptable clothe of Fame.Thos showes the prodigal son that His father had forgiven and accepted him. This would not have happened if his ego and pride was still the priority over his sonship.

"The reason some people will not move out of shame is because they are not ready to let go of the shame and walk on the shame to their fame".
So friend what is it this day that you think is hindering your repentance and brokeness? what is not making your heart contrite? Why do you want to dwell on your inability or self ability so much that you want to let go of God's ability?.
Remember your ability is nothing before the Ability of the one that can change your inability to ability.
I believe this day God is speaking to you and I.
He wants us to get rid of that little pride in us so He can move like never before.
God wants to use something in our story that will glorify his name in our glory but we must be contrite hearted.

No matter what we are experiencing now, God can and will change it to our favour if only we allow Him. He sees those secret of ours, He knows our name, He knows our future and He knows our end. Allow Him.

~~~~Now let us pray~~~~
**Place your hand on your chest and say;

Heavenly Father, to you alone I have sinned.
Only you knows what no man on earth know about me. My Father and My Lord I ask that you break me and remould me.
I ask that you be My God and I be your Child.
Lord I am so sorry and I pray you Make me whole again.
From this day Lord take away every Form of pride,and enviness in me that hinders my brokeness and repentance. Deliver me from Self.
This i ask and pray in Jesus name.
Amen

I am a New Being.
I am free.
I am of The Lord.
I am on the Lord side.
Amen.


No comments:

Prayer from Ezra 3:11

Song by Matt Redman When the music fades All is stripped away And I simply come Longing just to bring Something that's of worth That wil...